Raw shrimp..?

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
Can the crew eat raw shrimp? I know there's all sorts of warnings for people about raw or undercooked seafood, but we get those for other meat too...

CatStina

SBT Lover!!
Not sure, I know shell fish can be especially bacteria laden, so I'd be careful. Maybe someone else knows for sure!

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
^im not sure they're any good! Lol they were a freecycle "rehome" from a post I made looking for frozen raw meat for dogs :)

Saeleofu

I've never fed raw shrimp...not sure my dogs would actually eat it raw. They don't like raw fish either. I have fed them cooked shrimp...makes a good training treat!

thehoundgirl

We buy the pre-cooked shrimp and eat them cold and fry some. But just to be safe I would cook those if they aren't the pre-cooked ones.. and then feed them! :)

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I ate a raw shrimp tail the other night. Ew. But I'm not dead or ill. However, given where you're getting them from and the fact they're not sushi grade, I'd cook them.

Romy

Taxiderpy
Personally I don't feed any seafood uncooked because of concerns about parasites. There are all sorts of weird protozoans, cysts, worms, etc. that come from seafood. Cattle and things are different because we typically aren't feeding the contents of the digestive tract raw, and it's a lot easier to control parasites the way they're farmed (like most US pork no longer carries trichonosis).

Members online