Happy Birthday Talon

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Today is Talon's Birthday! ^_^ We took a trip to the dog park first and he had a blast. He found another border collie and together they pushed the big red ball around and took turns barking at it lol

Today was also the AKC Dog Days at Valleyfest so we went to that as well. Both dogs did pretty well, Art got a lot of attention :p Poor Talon only got a few people fawning on him, but he met a lot of dogs and did well with all of them.

They both also got to try out a small Lure Coursing thing. I didn't realize how much both dogs would love it, especially Art! The crowd started cheering when Art went because he was SOOO in to it and fast! They are having a CAT test in a week or so and we are thinking about going. Not sure at this point, but maybe since both dogs loved it.

It was a good day so far. Happy Birthday Talon ^_^

Sorry, no pics, we had our hands full lol

JacksonsMom

Awww sounds like a really great/fun day!!

I do wish you had pics, I'd LOVE to see Art running the lure coursing. That's the one thing I still wanna try out w/ Jackson but the one time I went (with Amber, Cricket & Joey) I was kinda paranoid about him being off leash in a big open field haha, but I am sure it would be fine, so I'll probably do it next opportunity I have.

I love Talon -- Happy Birthday buddy!

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Thanks! :)

Awww sounds like a really great/fun day!!

I do wish you had pics, I'd LOVE to see Art running the lure coursing. That's the one thing I still wanna try out w/ Jackson but the one time I went (with Amber, Cricket & Joey) I was kinda paranoid about him being off leash in a big open field haha, but I am sure it would be fine, so I'll probably do it next opportunity I have.

I love Talon -- Happy Birthday buddy!
I know, if I had known they'd have a lure course you could try I would have brought at least my small P&S, but I thought we would just go, walk around a bit, and then go home. :/

At this event we had a large crowd of people and dogs making a huge box around the field so the dogs that kind of wandered off (and there were a lot lol) got caught or at least blocked by the crowd ^_^

You should definitely do it! It was fun to see the dogs so excited! :)

Members online