Transport needed for Bloo - From CT to Chicago, IL

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
We booked our flight with Alaska and they went "whoopsie, you know the first leg of that flight is American Airlines, right?". American Airlines does not accept pit bulls in cargo. On October 30th, we will be landing first in IL, and then taking the rest of our flight with Alaska to WA. Alaska will accept Bloo.

I'm not sure how to go about setting up a possible transport train, but can anyone help? I really don't have the extra $500 to plunk down to ship her by herself. There is the concern that my mother may try to rehome her before I have the money to have her shipped out, so it's kind of urgent.

Bloo is excellent in the crate, but does not get along with most other dogs, and thinks cats and other small animals are tasty.

Sort of disjointed, sorry, anyone willing to help? I can't pay for gas right now, but once I have work out in WA I wouldn't have any issue paying people back.

In short: Bloo needs to be in O'Hare in Chicago, IL at 12:45pm on October 30th. She is currently in Kent, CT. My father would likely travel an hour or two out into MA or NY to meet someone.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Where in CT are you? If it gets broken down into legs, from beginning (or, where your dad would be willing to drop her off) to end, it may be easier to find some people. It's easier to commit to a leg than to just guess where you'd go without really knowing.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I'm assuming she'll be up north of me when she heads through Indiana to Illinois, BUT, on the off chance she's down in central Indiana (West Lafayette area) I could help her on her way to Chicago. If it works out on a day I have off from work, anyways.

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
Northwest corner, on the NY border.

I'm super spacey and stressed, but yes, I meant for it to be broken up into legs.

I appreciate it, blackrose!

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
I live close to O'Hare and could probably do the final leg. I'll need to know in advance so I can get Wednesday off (shouldn't be a problem as long as I know like a week ahead of time).

Will Bloofish ride in a kennel? I have plenty in my car already. LOL ETA: just read she's good in a crate, works for me. Blossom might also be kenneled in the car but I wouldn't let them see each other or interact, so no biggie.

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
Thank you, Emily! We might actually have a better option, I will keep you guys posted - I really appreciate the offers. <3

I'm assuming she'll be up north of me when she heads through Indiana to Illinois, BUT, on the off chance she's down in central Indiana (West Lafayette area) I could help her on her way to Chicago. If it works out on a day I have off from work, anyways.
Well, I'm further south than you. South of Indy. But if she's down this way, I'd be happy to help.

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
A long-time friend of mine in WA offered to take Bloo for a few nights so we can ship her before we fly out, hallelujah! Thank you guys so much for offering. I really appreciate it!

Members online

No members online now.