Find a toy? Or suggestions.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
There is a toy at the dog park that Talon LOVES! I have NEVER seen him love a toy like he loves this one! I think in part it's because he can't pick it up so he pushes it around with his head all the while whining and barking in excitement as he "herds" it in circles. He is generally a very quiet dog in play, he rarely growls or barks when playing.

It's a giant (diameter probably 12'' or bigger), hard plastic red ball. There are no handles, only a small hole at the top of the ball. It's at the dog park, some people donated toys so there's a ton of balls and frisbees scattered around, but only one giant red ball. Anyone know what it might be? I feel like I've seen it before, but just can't seem to find out what it's called.

It doesn't have to be the exact same ball, but something along those lines. Something he can't break if he bites at it (and he will). If you guys know of a softer version of this that's still pretty durable that would be great as I'm not super happy with how hard the plastic is!

Basically my plan is to teach him like triball (or what I assume triball is like), where he has to learn some control of directions and when to stop and when to push it.

Snark

Mutts to you
Yeah, Riley loves his Jolly Ball and his first one was inherited from my Rottie mix, Emily. It lasted almost twelve years, out in all weather. I also bought him a kid's play ball that looks like a giant tennis ball. He likes that one even more because it's easier to get airborne but it's also easier for him to puncture.

Oko

Silence, peasants.
Yep, jolly balls rock. I got a teensy one from doggyloot. Good that you're planning on training behaviors with it, seen a lot of BCs get obsessive about it. I'm not sure if I'll even end up giving it to her, Wes might just get it so I don't have to worry about her obsessing. :)

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Yep, jolly balls rock. I got a teensy one from doggyloot. Good that you're planning on training behaviors with it, seen a lot of BCs get obsessive about it. I'm not sure if I'll even end up giving it to her, Wes might just get it so I don't have to worry about her obsessing. :)
Funny thing is it's been at the dog park since he first went there months and months ago. He's seen it, but never really cared about it. He just ignored it until the last time we took him and it's the first thing he wants to do! I'm lucky with him though, he's a bit obsessed as in it's super fun, but he isn't to the point that he can't think or do anything else. That's why I'm going to train him with it, like we did with the hose. ^_^

***Question****

So for those who have had these, have your dogs ever broke teeth on them? I'm a little worried since it's such hard plastic and a bit heavy that if he tries to push it too hard he'd break a tooth. Any experience?

Snark

Mutts to you
Nope, no problem with teeth... Riley's ball is large enough that he can't even get a grip on it, although he'll try (he likes to puncture things). He puts his head down and pushes the ball with the top of his nose or the side of his muzzle, with his mouth usually closed or mostly closed.

Members online

No members online now.