AllK-9 SALE!

Oko

Silence, peasants.
Darn it, now I want a 4 ft leash-how long do biothane leads last? Trying to rationalize getting one.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
What's everyone's favorite leash width? 1" is too wide for my hands. I don't know which one to get!
I love love LOVE my 1/2" leather leash. So I got a 1/2" biothane leash. Had a 1" leash and HATED it. I don't know if I'd want anything smaller than the 1/2", and I may be okay with a 3/4"...but 1/2" is my favorite. I've used my 1/2" lead for 10 pound Dachshunds and 80 pound Labradors.

I love love LOVE my 1/2" leather leash. So I got a 1/2" biothane leash. Had a 1" leash and HATED it. I don't know if I'd want anything smaller than the 1/2", and I may be okay with a 3/4"...but 1/2" is my favorite. I've used my 1/2" lead for 10 pound Dachshunds and 80 pound Labradors.
Thank you for the review!

JacksonsMom

5/8 is my favorite! I'm not big on really thin leashes though, but yeah 1" is definitely too wide. I think I like 1/2 and 5/8 best.

Ok I thought I had 5/8 biothane but I guess I got 1/2 ... just checked my order from the past. So this is 1/2 against Jackson:

Toller_08

This thread has been nagging me all day. So many things! I love sales. But Journey needs a rain coat (after we both got drenched on our way to work yesterday) and maybe even a winter coat for going to/from work soon, and she needs boots for the salt, and I wanted to get her a pretty birthday collar, and now I want a proper width biothane leash. Or two. And I have bills to pay haha. Too bad the dogs can't pay for their own things.

Really, what width do you have? I have a 5/8" width biothane for 16lb Jackson and it doesn't seem heavy at all. He could probably pull off 3/4" also, but I think I do prefer 5/8" in biothane (and leather).
Mine is a 3/4" width, but it has a brass clip that is really heavy. I bought it at a dog show like 7 years ago, and I wanted the 5/8" one, but they were sold out. It's definitely too heavy for my 30 and 40lb dogs, and I even hesitate to use it on the Dobes, but I also like a very minimal leash.

Darn it, now I want a 4 ft leash-how long do biothane leads last? Trying to rationalize getting one.
A long time. I don't see why one wouldn't. I've used my long line for 7 (or even 8 maybe) years now very regularly and it's held up super well. Just as well as any of my leather leashes. Honestly, if I'd bought the right width when I bought my 6ft biothane leash it'd probably be my go-to even before my leather ones, and it seems incredibly durable.

What's everyone's favorite leash width? 1" is too wide for my hands. I don't know which one to get!
I generally like a 1/2" width. 5/8" at most. Anything wider than that and I find them really bulky and uncomfortable.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
5/8" is my favorite leash width...feels solid but not bulky. Easy to grip but not unwieldy. Probably depends on your hand size though :)

3/4 for nylon leashes & most of my leather leashes cos I make them out of leather reins.
I do like the 5/8 but they are not easy to find,in my neck of the woods!.
Seriously,thinking of buying a 5/8 by 6ft,in biothane(1 black & 1 blue).

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
So I guess my leather leash is 3/4" (or maybe 5/8") because I got my 1/2" biothane leash today and it is slimmer than my leather leash. Even though when I measured the width of my leather leash it said it was a 1/2". :rolleyes:

But, regardless. I like both! Definitely wouldn't want anything smaller than the 1/2".

Members online

No members online now.