When it's raining....

Doberluv

Do you get that way sometimes when it's raining, where you just don't want to do much at all but hunker down with a cup of tea and a good book? (or Chazhound) LOL. You don't feel motivated to work outside or even that ambitious about anything, like you take comfort in using it as an excuse to relax? LOL.

Now, for the second part of the question: Are your dogs the same way? It's funny because on nice days, my dogs go in and out as they wish, but they're interested in playing and doing stuff outdoors, exploring the yard and woods on my property. Inside, they may chew on a toy or follow me all over the house. But today it's raining pretty hard and my dogs are hunkered down with their books and tea and hardly move from their couches or chairs in the living room. They are major couch potatoes on rainy days.

I use to worry about Lyric, my Doberman getting pent up with energy, which he did when he was younger and I'd HAVE to take him for a walk no matter what. But not now...he's lounging like a seasoned gentleman. All he needs is a smoking jacket and cigar... maybe a glass of port. They'll likely be this way all day long until agility practice tonight, which I don't know how that will work in the rain. Uggg.

Becca_

chowchow
Now my dogs are the odd balls I think. The hotter out it is, the more they sleep. But on a rainy day they dont want to go play out of course, you'd think they'd be lazy but instead they go stir crazy, running and chasing each other. Very little sleeping! When they do out in the rain Gracie has to hit every puddle she can find.

Allyse718

I want 2 b a dog 4 a day
I know it's summer and I'm supposed to be enjoying the sun, but I've almost had enough of it. I really don't get to enjoy it all that much anymore anyway because of my job. Plus classes start back up on Monday. Sometimes I just wish it would rain, I love going out in the rain. I know that may sound crazy, and I love sun-don't get me wrong, I have a tan like you wouldn't believe. Jasmine loves to take walks in the rain. Katy and Maggie would prefer to stay inside. If I'm not outside with them though, they are definitely lazy.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Teddy LOVES the rain lol. and there is always a giant puddle right by the drain lol teddy likes to splash in that puddle and watch the water go down into the drain lol He's a big water dog and it sucks cause i dont like going out in the rain lol

I love to stay in and clean the house in rainy days...or .....drink hot tea, watch movies...or have a nice glass of wine in front of the fire. I'm ready for some rain.

SandraC

Please send us some sunshine in England as we haven't seen much of it this year. My dogs don't mind what the weather is they are always ready to go out. I come straight in from work, change clothes then put them in the car and off we go.

frznbuns

I don't know about your Doberman but there is not way the 4 of mine will go out when it is raining! I am sure they think they are going to melt!! :confused: Even if it is sprinkling a little bit.. I can hear them say. No way mom we are not going out. and if they are outside..God forbidden it starts to rain.. :eek: they all crowd under a little bitty small roof and whin " We're melting.. We're melting" Let us in!! :D

Doberluv

LOL...mine are a little like that Frznbuns, but if I take them on a walk, they forget about it because they love a good run in the woods. I've heard of a lot of Dobermans who hate the rain and are such big babies. Lyric's not quite that bad. And the Chihuahuas just do whatever the group is doing. They're not too particular and always just go with the flow. LOL. But, they just as soon stay inside if we're not going for a real walk.

Debi

we all get very lazy on a rainy day. Ham gets bored, but he is such a baby and hates to go out in the rain. Addie doesn't mind getting wet, but is also happy to curl up and snooze. it's a winter day that we all really love to just boogle on the bed, watch a little tv...and they sure sleep the day away then!

Becca_

chowchow
Now winter I cant get Princess inside, colder it is outside the more she loves it. I have a feeling Gracie will be the same way.

Doberluv

Oh, I bet! My Lab loved the snow and cold too. She's roll around and just lie right down it it. The dogs I have now (2 Chihuahuas and a Doberman) are not very cut out for too much cold and it can get 30 below zero for a short time here. And there's normally lots of snow and below freezing. But on our walks/runs, the dogs stay warm, plus they have coats if it gets below about 17 degrees F. Otherwise, standing around in one place, they can't take. Your dogs look soooooo cozy for cold weather Becca. They probably get too hot in a warm house, don't they.

Becca_

chowchow
I have the air on all the time. Gracie has all the fur and she can take the heat much better, but she's not afraid to sit or lay in the pool. Princess is short hair and black and she cant take it one bit. I dont even walk her in the evenings unless it's very cool. She just cant handle it at all.

Members online

No members online now.