Today might be the day...

Brattina88

:) A wonderful family is coming to look at Tara today. They're driving 4 hours to meet her, and have already been approved to adopt (home visit, vet checks, etc etc). I have been talking on the phone and e-mailing since the end of last month. I thought Tara was going to live the retirement life here with us, but I guess I was wrong! There are still nice, caring people out there... wanting to adopt even the special needs dogs.
Tara has taught me a lot about blindness in dogs... She has eased some of my anxiety attacks about Maddie losing vision in her good eye as she gets older. There, I can even type that in a sentence and not freak out ;)
She has me wrapped around her little black and tan paw. If everthing goes well, I'm goingto miss her SO much ! It will be bittersweet, for sure!!

Brattina88

Well... they just left ... and I don't think I could've asked for a better match *fingers crossed* Tara responded really well to the girl especially, and was laying he head in her lap just like she did me when we pulled her from the pound. We walked Tara and Maddie, and talked for a while. She asked a lot of good questions and I showed her how to put her eye drops in. . . They promised updates and pictures - I miss her already!!!! :) happy tears ~~

No more fosters for a while - we still have Cocoa, and 4 in one house enough ;) :p

Doberluv

They sound like a really fine family who will give Tara a happy life. It was good of you to foster her and find such a family. It has to be hard to let her go on the one hand, but like you said, happy on the other hand. Kudos!

joce

:) Its always nice to have it go smoothly and all work out!

MPP

petperson
I know that you are going to miss her, but this sounded like an excellent match. I'm really impressed that they were willing to make all the effort and then to drive so far to meet her. It bodes well.

Brattina88

Me too! I offered to drive a little bit to meet, but they insisted, which was really ideal ~ they wanted to meet Tara in her home, in the envoirnment she's comfortable in :D Which was really good, to see the real Tara.
and upon depature, I said something like if it doesn't work out for whatever reason, give me a call and I'll come get her, and she said oh nono... If for some reason she hates the house, or doesn't adapt after a while, they'd bring her back... But I know that's not going to happen. Tara was completely comfortable with them :) she jumped right in the car!

Ahh... Happy tears are just as exhausting as sad ones ;) :eek:

Members online

No members online now.