So not coyotes...

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
We keep finding rather large canine tracks and poops on our new property. Knowing coyotes are in the area, we figured they were the culprit. The other day we went over there and found not a pack of coyotes but a pack of... great danes. Four of them to be precise. The second they saw us, they bolted. All of them seemed very skittish.

I hope they're not going to be coming over often. I mean, I like danes and all but dogs that big roaming loose on our property could be an issue with the other animals. I have NO idea who owns them either. What should we do if we keep on seeing them?

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
Perhaps ask anyone else who lives in the area if they know who they belong to, if not, I guess try to catch them somehow and see if they have tags. If that's not possible, I guess you'd have to call AC or the county or something......

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
They HAVE to belong to someone, or at least that's what you'd think. How often do you see Great Danes as strays? I'd ask your neighbors and such around you to see if they know who they belong to, and then just express your concern to the owners about your having tiny dogs and them having huge ones who come in your back yard.

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Follow them next time? If just to see what direction they go back to.

Do dogs in your area have to be registered with the town/city? You could try a town clerk, or maybe the AC. Try posting on CL and see if other people might know who they belong to?

Miakoda

Don't you know? Those dogs are just soooo super sweet and they just enjoy visiting all their friends so much that the owners think it's cruel to keep them confined all the time. They need their sunshine too, you know.

On a more serious note, good luck with finding their owner. I'd call A.C. and let them come get them. There are plenty of rescues that would love some Danes.

lizzybeth727

Don't you know? Those dogs are just soooo super sweet and they just enjoy visiting all their friends so much that the owners think it's cruel to keep them confined all the time. They need their sunshine too, you know.
Oh yes, and being so big it's practically abusive to keep them penned up in only one yard all the time. :rolleyes:

I'd suggest calling animal control... but of course if you can find their owners, that'd be good too.

Members online

No members online now.