Matisse got a BOB. Yeah!

Doberluv

Matisse, at just over a year old has been working toward his grand champion title. We just got back from a show which was not too far from where we live, thank goodness. On Sat he got BOB and on Sunday, best of opposite sex to best of breed. Anyhow, he got a few points this week end.

I hope it doesn't take too long to get to our goal because the grooming of this show coat is getting old. When it gets longer, it is so prone to matting. Every day, I got through it right down to the skin and every day there are new matts beginning to form. It's a nightmare. It is bad because his adult hair is coming in and hasn't entirely replaced the baby hair and that's what makes it matt soooooo easily.

Anyhow, I didn't take any pictures at the show, dang it....just too busy. But got a professional one taken of our win, which will be sent in the mail.

Here he is, back at home after shampooing out all the hair spray.

Locke

Nice one!! He's a good looking boy.

Breeders have said that it is harder to sell white male poodle puppies because people feel they're more feminine or something, does that prejudice also play out in the ring? Harder to finish a white male?

Doberluv

Nice one!! He's a good looking boy.

Breeders have said that it is harder to sell white male poodle puppies because people feel they're more feminine or something, does that prejudice also play out in the ring? Harder to finish a white male?
No, I haven't heard that at all. Matisse finished his championship at 7 months of age and in just two shows. (Well, two trips, 4 shows in a row each time) He just burned up the ring at every show. His conformation is very good, has a wonderful gait, lots of reach and has spirit up the ying yang. He's just a very happy little dog. Lots of fun.

Lots of people do think that all Poodles are females. lol. I think it's the hair. But Matisse is quite a good sized boy...maxed out on height and sturdy. (for a toy Poodle)

Thanks Elrohwen. I can't take much more of this though, I gotta tell you. When his adult hair is all the way in, my breeder tells me it will be easier. I'm not holding my breath.

Well...thanks guys for your generous replies. :)

Grab

my breeder tells me it will be easier. I'm not holding my breath.
Not a show coat, but Brooks has had a fairly long coat and it was sooo much easier once his adult coat was in. Puppy coat got to be taxing to get through. Mind you, we cut him down when he was a year and grew out again from there, since he isn't shown. So I cheated a bit

Doberluv

Thanks Teacuptiger. It's funny...years ago, a Poodle would have been the last breed on earth that I'd think I'd own. And now I have two. My only regret is that I didn't get into this breed sooner. They're just so smart. It takes two something like 2 or 3 reps for them to catch onto something. They do sometimes have a mind of their own but all in all, so much fun to train and very entertaining, fun loving little dogs. I only had it in mind to have companion dogs and Matisse turned out to be a fabulous show dog...he's a real winner in every way. Thanks for your comment.

Members online