The Phone

Red.Apricot

I've been suspicious for a while that Elsie listens when I'm on the phone with people, but now I'm pretty sure it's true.

My mom and I talked a little this morning, and Elsie didn't get up off the sofa.

Then my dad called. When he started talking, she perked up. Then he said, "Okay, I'll be right over,"* and she's been running around the house whining ever since--pawing at the front door, barking at the window; that sort of thing.

Do your dogs listen to phone calls?

*He called, we said hi, he said,
"You ready for me?"
I said, "Yeah."
He said, "Okay, I'll be right over," and hung up.

MicksMom

LOL No idea... my dogs used to know the "Good bye" sound on AOL, they knew I was getting offline and ready to go outside.
Caleb, too. Not AOL, but the computer powering down. Can't fool him by turning the speakers off, either- he now reacts to the sound of the keyboard sliding in. As for the phone- he just listens for his name or important words like "cookie", "walk", "dinner", etc. He doesn't pay any attention to the voice on the other end.

monkeys23

They can totally tell who I'm talking to on the phone. Lily especially listens in. Nosy wench, LOL.

milos_mommy

Milo definitely does, but he will also "talk' to me or my mom on the phone if we're away.

Lyzelle

I'm pretty sure Zander listens in. When Jin calls me to pick him up after tours or something, he just goes straight to bed, like he knows what's up.

But if DH calls me at night just to talk....no reaction from the Zaner-Waner. If anything, he starts screaming for attention.

I'm glad Elsie's not the only one!

That's too funny about Kharma--she sounds like a really fun dog to live with.
Best roommate ever :)

We have fun slumber parties . . . I make a thermos of coffee, snag something baked for me and a plateful of animal crackers or something otherwise nom-able for her and we pile up in bed while I write.

Occasionally she takes a slurp of my coffee ;)

spiffy

Smart dog! Be careful not to say anything against Elsie while she is listening. You may not be pleased with what the dog will do. :lol-sign:

Members online

No members online now.