As promised...

GSDFan05

Here are some pictures of Charlie, the GSD I'm adopting! It will be a few weeks before I bring him home because I'm in the process of moving, but these are some shots from my most recent visit with him. I have more but they wouldn't upload for some reason, I'll try to get them posted as soon as I figure that out.

Ok I have tried for ten minutes to get the pictures to post right and it won't work, I'll just give y'all the link to my photo album. Pictures of me are on the first few pages of the album, but I'm trying to post the link for the fifth page with the shots of Charlie.
http://groups.msn.com/Anne-MariesPlace/shoebox.msnw?Page=5

Two are shots from my latest visit with him, one is the original Petfinder picture...doesn't that face just have "love me" written all over it? :p

His original name was Karl, but he hasn't had it for long and I'm hoping Charlie is close enough to make the change not so difficult...he was extremely abused and very heartworm positive when he first came into the rescue, but he is fully healthy and amazing now! He's got some anxiety still because of the abuse, but he has a terrificly stable temperament. I'm planning to get a CGC certification and to move onto nursing home therapy work with him.

Debi

OH YES...that face says 'love me' alright. He is magnificent!!! He is sooo lucky that you found him. I'm so happy for you both. :)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I had a CHarlie..he was my protector, my friend, he saved my life not once but twice..i hope your Charlie turns out to be every bit as good a dog!

That is a wise dog who has seen a lot and learned a great deal from it. No wonder you couldn't turn away from him. He's going to be a once-in-a-lifetime companion.

He brings tears to my eyes and makes me think of my time with my Bear.

bogolove

He is so handsome! I am so glad he found you! ;)

I am really glad he is going to have such a wonderful home.

GSDFan05

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the comments about him. He has truly won my heart. ;) His foster mom does nursing home therapy work and thinks he's ideal for it.

Smkie, thanks for sharing about your Charlie, it sounds like he was a wonderful dog. I'm naming mine that because of the movie "All Dogs Go to Heaven", lol, my name is Anne-Marie,so I thought we'd be a good Anne-Marie/Charlie pair like with the GSD type dog the movie. :D

I'll try to upload more pictures soon, it isn't cooperating for me right now.

Thanks again, everyone, it's nice to have a place to share my excitement!

Members online

No members online now.