strange behavior???

Debi

I've always walked the dogs into the weeds/woods to go potty. (sure is nice not to have to clean up the yard) about a week ago, Hammie refused to go into the usual favorite spot...no big deal, I took him to another area. 2 days ago he has decided he won't go into the weeds at all...or the woods. what??? Soooooo, I just decide he is....the battle of wills is on. I stand there until the poor dog HAS to go, but he whines and waits until he just can't hold it anymore, then runs out of there like he's being chased by the devil. I'm clueless. I did see a snake about a week ago..but I surely didn't think he paid attention to it. that's the only thing different...unless something has been there that he just wants no part of???? any ideas at all? it's just so strange to me, that's all he has known...potty in the woods. :confused: (Addie has no problems, so I can't really think it's due to some wild animal or something) I swear...he is such a big baby.

Purdue always went to the very back of the yard where the big azaleas were and did his thing back in the bushes, then suddenly he wouldn't go back in there at all, just like Hammie. We wondered what was going on, then found out there was a yellow jacket nest back there and realized he must have gotten stung.

Debi

geez..we've thought of something like that, too (actually, Dave thought of it) but I am always with him...on the leash and all..and he never acted like he got stung, or that anything bothered him. I'm gonna get out there with the ole weedwhacker tomorrow and see if I mow some high weeds down. My luck....he's being the diva here and doesn't like 'high' weeds. it's been a problem for me the past couple days. he's amazingly stubborn
about it all...and he doesn't ever give me this kind of flak. UGH!!!!

Members online