plucked my heart strings

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
that Shaffer did..this morning i stepped out on the porch to say good morning to Mr Shaffer..he was so pleased that that he did a little hop thing with his front feet that i have never seen him do before..then he pushed his noble head into my arms and talked..he is the talkingest dog i ever met..then Victor had to come and interfer by chewing and romping and being his usual disruptive self so i dismissed myself to the kitchen table and sat down. I opened the paper and looked up to see Shaffer standing up with his front feet on the porch railing looking in the window at me..then he cocked his head and i swear i felt my heart go twang..he gave me a nod and then returned to playing with his silly white brother. Still waters run deep and that quiet reserved (complete opposite of Victor) young shaffer is going to be a heck of a dog. I am so happy for my Mother. When she was thinking of keeping Shaffer, i told her this may be her last chance of having a really great dog..i am so happy he is turning out to be just that. He is a heart dog.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Oh Smkie I think I would have melted! What a wonderful companion for GG Mr Shaffer must be! He defenatley deserves the MR part of his name! a real Gentleman! :D

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
new side to shaffer..mom said if there wasn't a window there, the mail man would be toast. Said there would be no way she could pull him off. Now my brothers have gone over and Shaffy has acted like they are his long lost friends..so i got a bit of work to do with him.....Gg said it was really horrible..that his hackles and teeth and growls oh my. no one ever gonna sneak into that house!

Thats alot like Bailey. THe older he gets the mellowwer he gets and the more he talks. Sounds like Shaffer is really earning the Mr.

Members online

No members online now.