Cake Face

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I know who has cake do you?
They are such doofs.

Victor says "You have cake breath" and Pepper says "I do I DO".

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Nobody likes Viccy's blind old man cake face? All well. I do. I love that old blind man with his floppy happy ears cake face and Pepper your yet again too stinking cute. That's what I think.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I love it! LOL Mine get the same look when I'm eating something they know they're going to get a bite of.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I love happy excited faces.

Pepper has a funny sit pretty. Almost as funny as when she sits on a slick floor and her legs ever so slowly slide out from under her. Ladylike sit, she has not but the rest of her is pure class.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
:D I will tell them what you wrote. Just like secret Santa gifts became favorite toys, somehow when I tell them I think they do understand some of this community. Maybe it is my imagination, maybe not. IT's still worth trying just in case.

I won't say their life is what it was. It isn't, and they miss it, and I miss it. No more run in the woods, no more off leash wahoo fun at the dog park, no more swimming in the lake. Vic does very well for a blind boy, but his world is a ink dot compared to what it was. His morning walks are so important to him. I know his bones ache for a good run out, even more so with Pepper but I cannot give them that. Pepper's injury to her foot when she sliced through the tendon and artery on the ceramic bowl has healed beautifully, but she will never turbo run again like a tiny brown bullet. SHe limps for days afterward every time and she is way to heavy for me to carry out of a dog park. Once of that was enough. She is surprisingly heavy weighs almost as much as VIctor.
So I guess that is why this pic meant something to me, at least there is this, for their old age. I tell them they both got to do more than your average dog and it's the place of dreams now. THey do too, I read once that if you slept with your foreheads together you would share the same dream. I keep trying but so far it hasn't worked. I would like a good run out too, but it sent' going to happen for me either. I see posts of other dogs on here living the good life and I basically know that is over for me too. I don't think I could do another victor puppy, that was so much energy packed in such a leggy package. So I will enjoy vicariously and root on all your successes, and I will hold my old dogs close and enjoy our morning sunshine on our green bench and remember.
THank you for letting me share our good times and their happy faces.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
:D I will tell them what you wrote. Just like secret Santa gifts became favorite toys, somehow when I tell them I think they do understand some of this community. Maybe it is my imagination, maybe not. IT's still worth trying just in case.

I won't say their life is what it was. It isn't, and they miss it, and I miss it. No more run in the woods, no more off leash wahoo fun at the dog park, no more swimming in the lake. Vic does very well for a blind boy, but his world is a ink dot compared to what it was. His morning walks are so important to him. I know his bones ache for a good run out, even more so with Pepper but I cannot give them that. Pepper's injury to her foot when she sliced through the tendon and artery on the ceramic bowl has healed beautifully, but she will never turbo run again like a tiny brown bullet. SHe limps for days afterward every time and she is way to heavy for me to carry out of a dog park. Once of that was enough. She is surprisingly heavy weighs almost as much as VIctor.
So I guess that is why this pic meant something to me, at least there is this, for their old age. I tell them they both got to do more than your average dog and it's the place of dreams now. THey do too, I read once that if you slept with your foreheads together you would share the same dream. I keep trying but so far it hasn't worked. I would like a good run out too, but it sent' going to happen for me either. I see posts of other dogs on here living the good life and I basically know that is over for me too. I don't think I could do another victor puppy, that was so much energy packed in such a leggy package. So I will enjoy vicariously and root on all your successes, and I will hold my old dogs close and enjoy our morning sunshine on our green bench and remember.
THank you for letting me share our good times and their happy faces.

On a side note, people respond to Victor differently now and he doesnt' understand. He always looked people directly in the eye not in an aggressive way, but in an inviting way. People were drawn to him in response and there was nothing on this planet he loved more than the public. Now they look away, or they think he is mean because he has big eyes. I saw one man yank his daughter away saying big eyes big eyes....and I was like no no he's blind. But oh well...I want to make him a little sign for the next parade we go to. I am only blind and can't see you, but I still love you I really do. Then maybe they will stop to say hey and he will be happy.

Nice to see your doggies. Can always tell they're so cared for in their lives in your stories. Victor sure can make his eyes pop, that's how our late, Bruno, was. Who reminds me of Victor in his eyes, and Pepper in his color and pattern. :)

DanL

My daughters dog got into a tray of muffins she had baked. Tore off the foil and ate most of them. Talk about cake face, she had icing all over her!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
:D sounds like a happy dog to me. I had a lab once that ate my birthday cake. I can't say as I blame either of them. I would like some right now myself and I don't think I would stop with one either.

Members online

No members online now.