Aww, poor pup.

Sunnypup

mostly ignored...
Sunny just got "fixed" today and the poor guy is allll disoriented. He's trying to climb up on the couch as usual and all of a sudden wimpered and sulked away. I feel so bad for him. :( Also I went to touch his tail (stupid me, connected right near where he had surgery, what was I thinking?) and poor guy was so torn. He sorta half snarled and cowered and cried, then lept up to "correct" my hand with a half hearted nip , then immediately felt bad for it and licked where he "bit" me. He must be hurting something awful, and we're afraid to feed him so he's searching the floor for crumbs. Poor guy.

Doberluv

A-w-w-w....poor baby. It sounds like he's having a rotten time. He'll be OK in no time though. Just let him rest and hold off on too much food right away. I bet by tomorrow, he'll feel lots better. Kisses to Sunny from my doggies and me! (I know how tough it is on us when we have to see our little bundles having such a hard time)

avenlee

Ouchie!!! is right

Poor sunny. He'll be feeling better soon. They're always a bit tender for a bit and think they can just do whatever they did before. I know it must be hard for you to see it. Just keep an eye on Sunny and don't allow him to overdo it. he'll be fine soon. Big ((Hugs))) to him.

Saje

Island dweller
Mikey was all out of sorts too. Not in pain but he was wobbly from the drugs. He was so funny. We had a shirt on him backwards so he wouldn't pick at the stitches. We fed him the day after and he still threw up! After he was really wary about eating and just picked at food for a couple of days. :(

I hope he feels better! I good long nap will help I'm sure. :D

Doberluv

Yeah...that anesthesia can make it hard for them to digest. So, it's always best to feed just a tad and not right at first when you bring them home, but late in the evening. Then just a little bit a few times a day the next day. He'll be back to normal soon.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Victor was in pain that night..and swelled up so bad plus he had a reaction to the anes..i can't spell.you know what i mean..he had hives everywhere looked like he had been attacked by bees..i was ready to run to the er vet when Kelly with her good common sense said give him benedryl..i did and he slept well, the hives went down..and the next morning he was almost a hundred percent. Someone posted that his english pointer died while under the gas..it is in dog breeds..so if you have an english pointer..read that first before you take your dog into surgery. The vet said to put ice down there for the swelling..but Vic would have none of it...i felt so bad. i forgot...to say kisses in each of sunnypups ears..you whisper to him for me that i hope he feels much better in the morning.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Awwww, poor Sunny :( I know exactly how you feel! Gus had a really tought time of it!! But he is a much happier dog now! He no longer does the nervous pacing, he will eat regually now and he is no way as strung out as he was! Infact he's turned into a right slob! lol!
It is awful to see them go through it and I cried for hours because I felt so bad for him! But they are very resilient (sp?) and bounce back quicker than you would ever imagine!
Give Sunny big sloppy kisses and tell him that Gus is sympathising!! Hope he feels better soon!

Barb04

Super Moderator
Hope Sunny feels better today. Smkie, I know what you mean about finding a vet that knows about different breeds. Anatolians are considered to be like sighthounds when it comes to getting anesthesia. They can't get too much or it is harmful. We made sure to tell the vet about this every step of the way before Max got neutered.

Sunnypup

mostly ignored...
Sunny is doing MUCH better today but is still wary of me being around his nether regions. I rolled him over to check and he VERY GENTLY took my hand in his mouth and pulled it away. I think he can tell I want to help because he is making sure not to be nasty but to let me know he wants to be left alone. I just wish there was something I could do for him. I fed him this morning and he devoured it as if he hadn't eaten in a year. :rolleyes: He DID have to fast before surgery but we just didnt' let him eat after midnight monday and didn't give him breakfast tuesday. Poor pup. We had cheesesteaks yesterday and I normally share my last bite with him, but he was in his crate laying down, and couldn't eat. But OOOOH did he want it, he cried so badly. My little drama queen :rolleyes: Hopefully he'll be right as rain since he doesn't seem to be doing poorly today.

Members online

No members online now.