PETA makes themselves look bad once again

OwnedByBCs

Will Creep For Sheep
http://www.abc6.com/story/20611337/peta-asks-hasbro-to-change-dog-token-to-mutt

While I think it would be fine if they did decide to change the Monopoly token to a mixed breed dog, I really hope they don't do it for this reason. His argument is ridiculous and I have to wonder how much time and money is being spent on this issue.

Honestly, the good thing about this is it makes them look ridiculous. I think so many people are scared by PETA and their message that they are less of a threat now than HSUS. Hopefully people will eventually get the message.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
They lost me after they tried to convince people that seaworld was going against the 13th amendment.
Say what you will about seaworld. But to Compare performing animals to HUMAN SLAVERY?! SERIOUSLY?!

This whole monopoly dog thing is even worse. Do they have nothing better to do? I didn't even know the dog was a purebred. It's a tiny square dog.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
It is pretty clearly a scottie IMO.

I had to LOL at "EVERYBODY WANTS A RESCUE DOG THESE DAYS!!" Like it's some kind of cool trend or something. Go to the mall and buy some Toms, pick up the new iPhone, eat some froyo, and oh, on your way home, go get a rescue dog....

I'm wondering how exactly they would make it a "clearly" mixed breed dog anyway. I confess I'm imagining something like looks more or less like a lab.

Who... gives a crap what breed of dog the token is? WHO CARES. I think a few of my brain cells just died reading that stupid letter.

OwnedByBCs

Will Creep For Sheep
They lost me after they tried to convince people that seaworld was going against the 13th amendment.
Say what you will about seaworld. But to Compare performing animals to HUMAN SLAVERY?! SERIOUSLY?!

This whole monopoly dog thing is even worse. Do they have nothing better to do? I didn't even know the dog was a purebred. It's a tiny square dog.
I know. After my own research, I actually think Sea World does a pretty **** good job with their animals.

Unfortunately, people are all too eager to jump on any sort of bandwagon- it creates a sense of unity and we all love to "fight" for something we're passionate about. The problem with the bandwagons is that they never show you the other side- you end up putting time and money into something that you really don't know much about. I was talking to someone who was a pretty strong HSUS supporter- and I showed her the information about their tax fraud, how they have been federally investigated several times for it, and where a large percentage of their money really goes (pension funds) and she was floored. People NEED to know where their money is going.

Romy

Taxiderpy
When I was a tiny little kid I LOVED that little monopoly scottie dog. He was obviously Jack, from Lady and the Tramp, and he was my Barbie's dog and he went everywhere. He was so beloved that one day I dropped him in the toilet and I was so desperate to get him out before he was mysteriously sucked down the drain that I reached my arm in and pulled him out. Then I made my mom boil him so he wouldn't have any germs.

I'm wondering how exactly they would make it a "clearly" mixed breed dog anyway. I confess I'm imagining something like looks more or less like a lab.
OH! I know! You could make it scruffy, cause don't you know the classic rescue dog is a scruffy mutt? and the whole "poo-doo" mixing thing, then prick ears cause that's most popular, and a short tail that was brutally axed off in an accident, and OH! Short legs just cause he NEEDS a bit of "cute factor" and...WAIT, oh shoot, I failed, lol.

Oh, and anyone else remember the "Doodle edition"? They had some "ritzy" "modern" version of Monopoly several years ago and they replaced the "DOG" token with a Labradoodle? Guess that went by the way side...

OH! and almost forgot, because I no know one is interested, YES! I always HAD to be the dog! End of story, I got the dog, :D.

Keechak

Aussie Obssessed
sadly I've never gotten to really play monopoly :( I used to beg my family when I was younger but the answer was always "It takes too long to play"

Well, if Monopoly is taking requests from special interest groups, I'd like to bring up the whole house/hotel issue. Really, in this age of rapid population growth wouldn't it make more sense for the property owners to reduce our footprint by graduating to population-dense apartment high-rises rather than hotels? What can the makers of this game be thinking? I mean, at the very least slap some solar panels on those homes to make them appear a little more eco-friendly. And come to think of it, did anybody even look into zoning bylaws before dropping hotels willy-nilly on Monopoly city blocks?

PETA needs to lighten up. It's a game, not a cardboard representation of real-world values.

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
I always wanted the horse and rider, but it seems that its not even a currently available gamepiece. am i imagining things that they used to have a rearing horse and rider piece? :dunno:

I always wanted the horse and rider, but it seems that its not even a currently available gamepiece. am i imagining things that they used to have a rearing horse and rider piece? :dunno:
Maybe it was a specialty version? I have a "Syracuse" version of the game in my basement, don't know what the game pieces are I never played it, and it's been sitting down there for more than a decade lol! I also have a "The Dog" version, never even opened it because I no longer have anyone to play so why bother.

Flyinsbt

No, I'm wondering where the "horse with a man on top" went too. That's the piece I always played.

Members online

No members online now.