update on hubby

nancy2394

We went to the follow up appointment today... I never did make it to my mandatory training class for work because we were up until 4am with him in terrible pain with his hand. He said it felt like there was sooooo much pressure in his hand that it was about to explode. I felt bad for him.

Anyway... the doctor said he definately needs surgery and scheduled it for Tuesday of next week. He's gonna have it rough for a while because he can't even begin to heal until after the surgery. I hope all goes well and they can go reconnect all the stuff he damaged in there.

My hubby is proud of his battle wound... go figure. I guess it's a manly thing. Although I hate to stereotype like that. But he even wanted me to take a picture of it to send to my family and show them what happened. Don't scroll down if you don't want to see a pic of his battle wound.

This is what a fight with a box cutter does to you when you're not careful.

[/IMG]

Saje

Island dweller
Ouch. But still, it doesn't look as bad as I thought. You should see the pics I have of a girl who broke her leg on a trampoline. It just about had to be amputated... well nevermind.

Things are sounding better. Too bad he has to wait for the surgery. That would make me crazy

nancy2394

It looks a lot better now that they sewed it up and cleaned most of the blood off of his hand. It definately looks better than I thought it was gonna look. We thought he was going to have extensive nerve and tendon damage and he would have had some permanent loss of function. So, all in all this is definately not as bad as first expected... but I guess we'll know for sure when they do the surgery.

filarotten

Fila the love
I am glad it isn't a bad as you had thought. But surgery can still be rough. Hope they get everything connected ok. And hubbies! Mine owns a heavy equipment repair company and a crane bucket thing fell on his finger a few years ago. it crushed it. He had to have surgery that night. It scared me to death. I had to leave work, I got to the hospital before him. And I had to drive an hour to get there. He went to have a beer to kill the pain. Great before surgery. He got mad at me because I went to eat during his surgery. I hadn't eaten since noon and it was 7:00 p.m. before they did the surgery. Such big babies, but we love them.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Sorry to hear he will definitely need the surgery. My thoughts and prayers are with both of you that he has a speedy recovery. Please keep us updated on how the surgery goes.

Staff online

Members online