Oh my goodness...

Sirius

Imagination ROCKS.
Okay, so a few days ago, like thursday, my friends asked me to take care of their Bullmastiff, Sam. They said that they were going to Chicago to visit Joe's parents. Okay, it will be a good experience for Harley. So, this really big Bullmastiff walks in the door. They say that they will be back Sunday to get her. Last night I called them and they said that they didnt want Sam anymore and that they had no plans of coming to get her and that I could keep her. They even slipped her papers underneath my door this morning! Sam is a 3 year old Bullmastiff (girl she's spayed). Harley is due for his neutering on Sunday. I really don't want to send Sam to the shelter, but what choice do I have? They obviously aren't going to take her back. They're moving to Manhatten in a month.
Unless I kept her...

Thoughts?
-Laurr

nedim

Wow, thats really grimey.

I dont know what advice to give you tho, sorry. Good luck with the situation.

Boxer*Mom

It wasn't me
I don't know for sure but maybe you could call the police or animal control and tell them what the owners have done.? They could be forced to pick her up, and handle it like responsible adults, if you reported it. Maybe. You could try putting her up for adoption also.

Sirius

Imagination ROCKS.
Those people would for SURE find a way to get out of it. Maybe I should just keep her. I mean, she is beautifully trained, a great watchdog, and as SUCH a moocher. I wish that people wouldn't do this.

If there's any way, just keep her. You'll love her and you'll be forever in love with big, slobbery, personable dogs who believe the best place in the entire universe is at your side. You won't believe how intelligent they are, or how absolutely devoted she will be to you. These dogs love you more than your mother does, lol! (well, maybe that's an exaggeration . . . as MUCH as your mother does) :D

If you absolutely can't keep her, contact a Mastiff rescue. Most all-breed rescues don't even try to get a Mastiff of any sort adopted and they end up being put down. Some even put them down right away . . . :mad:

Fran27

Wow that's pretty lame from your friends... but yeah, I agree with Renee, if you can't keep her contact a rescue. Poor dog :(

You have any pics?

R

rottiegirl

You should call a rescue or put her up for sale on the internet, but make sure she goes to a good family. I wouldnt give her away for free because puting her up for sale will ensure a good home.

Sirius said:
Okay, so a few days ago, like thursday, my friends asked me to take care of their Bullmastiff, Sam. They said that they were going to Chicago to visit Joe's parents. Okay, it will be a good experience for Harley. So, this really big Bullmastiff walks in the door. They say that they will be back Sunday to get her. Last night I called them and they said that they didnt want Sam anymore and that they had no plans of coming to get her and that I could keep her. They even slipped her papers underneath my door this morning! Sam is a 3 year old Bullmastiff (girl she's spayed). Harley is due for his neutering on Sunday. I really don't want to send Sam to the shelter, but what choice do I have? They obviously aren't going to take her back. They're moving to Manhatten in a month.
Unless I kept her...

Thoughts?
-Laurr
She can come stay with me.I can find her a good home,I have a friend looking for a large dog with short hair.If you want my number give me a pm and I will give it to you.

BigDog2191

Big German Shepherd
If it were MY situation. I'd keep 'er- or do what I could to do so.

You said yourself, trained very well, good watchdog, and a real love bug. Also it might be good for your other dog to have some nice company around.

And if not- you should either find a mastiff breed rescue or a no-kill shelter. Good luck. :)

filarotten

Fila the love
oh, I hope you can keep Sam. He sounds like a wonderful dog. If not please get him to the mastiff rescue. He deserves a loving home. Better than the jerks that had him.
It is so said how people just discard their animals.

Sirius

Imagination ROCKS.
Don't worry guys, I have already done the following:
#1, Marched straight over to those people whom I thought were my "friends" door and gave them a good talk about animal abuse.
#2, Thought about what I should do.
#3, Decided I should keep her.

She knows me and deserves a loving home. She is already all settled. and, germanshepardgurl, I am so thankful for your offer. If there were absolutely no way I could keep her, I would def. PM you. Im sorry if i let down your friend.

Thanks for your imput!
-Laurr

P.S I really thought about Mastiff rescue groups.

Sirius

Imagination ROCKS.
lol, fran I am trying so hard! My boss is currently using my digital camera for a project at work :mad: I am expected to get it back this time next week.
Hope you can wait that long!
-Laurr

Members online