X-rays

SpringerLover

Take a trip down to Madison :) I guess I haven't had films done in a couple years, but I imagine he's still doing it. I think he could do them in his sleep.
I could go back to the vet I worked for, because he's great at positioning... but I dislike the drugs we'd use if we don't get the views needed awake. Hrmph.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Frodo has a date with the x-ray machine on December 12th as there is something going on, so we will be doing carpi, spine, and hips to try and see what the issue is. I hope to send them in to OFA if I have enough money.

Siri will have at least hips done once I work off more of my balance at the clinic. It is so astronomical right now that I have dreams about it. And it's only going to get worse now that I need to culture Siri's urine this week and Frodo has a dental the same day that we are doing x-rays. I'm worried my clinic is going to cut me off soon :eek:

Grab

Right now, just Kaylee. She is in OFA for hips/elbows, since I did all health testing before she was bred.

Poison will have hers done eventually. No real need to do Talla's, and Jayne's would probably scare me. (Neutering too early really screwed him up.)
Completely off topic, but what age was Jayne neutered?

Grab

On topic: I don't think I've had Julian's hips done..he's had elbows due to his horrible arthritis.
Newt has had hers done as we were curious about her crinkly leg. Which is how we learned she had likely had a broken leg up by the hip when she was a puppy/very young dog.

I'll have Goose's done whenever she has a dental..right now she's three and as good teeth, so not an issue. She's not going to do sports, but just for curiosity's sake. In addition, her sire has excellent rated hips and has produced several of the same, as well as, I believe, her dam. So whatever her rating, I'm sure it would be helpful to show what is being produced in the breed.

Brooks will probably have his done at the time of his neuter. I'm not sure if his breeder will let me wait to neuter until two, though, so they may not be sent in, since that would be pointless at that time :)

SpringerLover

Frodo has a date with the x-ray machine on December 12th as there is something going on, so we will be doing carpi, spine, and hips to try and see what the issue is. I hope to send them in to OFA if I have enough money.

Siri will have at least hips done once I work off more of my balance at the clinic. It is so astronomical right now that I have dreams about it. And it's only going to get worse now that I need to culture Siri's urine this week and Frodo has a dental the same day that we are doing x-rays. I'm worried my clinic is going to cut me off soon :eek:
Off topic, but I think your two dogs might be trying to outdo my three dogs and two cats in veterinary expenses lately. THAT is a feat!

Keechak

Aussie Obssessed
Lark and Hawkeye have both had hips and elbows done, both tried without sedation first but both ended up being sedated to get better positioning.

Hawks positioning is a little off Lark's is better, both got OFA "Good"

And here are the elbows, all are normal

elegy

overdogged
I did hips and elbows on Steve. He was only 19 months so they were prelims, but hips came back Good and elbows normal, and as he's neutered, I see no point to doing final ones.

I'll do Bean's at some point. I'm not planning to neuter him, and I don't love the idea of knocking him out just to do xrays, but I'll get them done mostly for my information and the breeder's.

Luce has had hips and knees and knees and knees done.

SpringerLover

I did hips and elbows on Steve. He was only 19 months so they were prelims, but hips came back Good and elbows normal, and as he's neutered, I see no point to doing final ones.

I'll do Bean's at some point. I'm not planning to neuter him, and I don't love the idea of knocking him out just to do xrays, but I'll get them done mostly for my information and the breeder's.

Luce has had hips and knees and knees and knees done.
KATIE!!!! How's your new brown dog? :)

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
How many of you have dogs with orthopedic xrays?
All three of mine had their hips and elbows done after 2yo.

What was the reason?
All were done due to performance plans. Mira's had the added reason of information for her breeder's program, as well as the potential of being bred herself.

Were they sent out to be graded or just read in house?
All were read in house then sent out for official OFA evals.

Kim
In-house Rating: Good
OFA Rating: Good

Webster
In-house Rating: Good, maybe Normal

Mira
In-house Rating: Excellent or Good, could go either way

All elbow ratings were Normal.
All were done under sedation.

Members online