:O So Rude

candy722

Sorry to hear that they turned you down. Your probably not the only one that got turned down but it's always worth a try. I think it's wrong with they way they treated you. It's obvious that your there to help a dog not to abuse a dog.

Fran27

Babyblue5290 said:
I don't think the people who dress "abnormaly" are the ones that need to change or accept any consequences cause there shouldn't be any. The ones who need to change are the people who automatically assume a person has certain traits because of the way they dress.
I agree, but it's not the way it is. Like Melissa said, they need to realize that people will be nasty with them because of the way they dress. Yes, it's not fair, but that's how it is, and this post is the best example of it.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Fran27 said:
I agree, but it's not the way it is. Like Melissa said, they need to realize that people will be nasty with them because of the way they dress. Yes, it's not fair, but that's how it is, and this post is the best example of it.
(I'm assuming you mean the original post right? :confused: lol)

Yeah, your so right. But people need to change and they will if people keep fighting for whats right! And I don't mean fist fighting lol :p

yoko

yeah stereotypes suck :/ i get called a terrorist alot at work cause i'm asian and peeps can't tell the difference from an asian and... basically any other race. there are some people that won't even let me serve them :(

Bexi

I think this lady was **** rude! How dare she judge someone based on what they wear- how weird!! :mad:

EliNHunter

Well, I have mixed emotions on this one. No, it wasn't a bank job she was applying to. And the person at the shelter should have "interviewed" her and checked out her animal-owning and caring capabilities and ability to be financially able before dissing her. A great analogy is a lawyer biker dude. He's wearing a suit and very professional during the week at his job, but when he gets on his Harley, he lets his hair down and his tattoos show. It's common sense...

bubbatd

As a Grammy, I find all your posts interesting. When I see kids , your age , with a lot of piercing, tattoes, purple hair, leather .chains, etc etc I only wonder what is missing from their lives that causes them to want to direct attention to themselves. I also hope that in 20 years they won't regret what they have done to their bodies. This woman may not have gone beyond the looks into the real girl. To me , it's another case of " you can't judge a book by it's cover ". I can judge a person ( and an animal ) by their eyes... the window to the soul. Unfortunately , many can't ....do what you want , it's your body , but remember many don't think my way. Now, go back with her and get her dog! Kiss.kiss !

bubbatd

Yes ... I agree. I was only pointing out how some might feel ....

chloesowner

I can feel the pressure..
discrimination is what it is. talk to the manager about that, there is no way your friend derserved that. who cares what she wore? that lady has some issues. thst lady deserves to be fired. and those pants accually sound cool. :)

bubbatd said:
As a Grammy, I find all your posts interesting. When I see kids , your age , with a lot of piercing, tattoes, purple hair, leather .chains, etc etc I only wonder what is missing from their lives that causes them to want to direct attention to themselves. I also hope that in 20 years they won't regret what they have done to their bodies. This woman may not have gone beyond the looks into the real girl. To me , it's another case of " you can't judge a book by it's cover ". I can judge a person ( and an animal ) by their eyes... the window to the soul. Unfortunately , many can't ....do what you want , it's your body , but remember many don't think my way. Now, go back with her and get her dog! Kiss.kiss !
Regarding the original post, I agree with the ones that say the woman at the shelter was rude. I thought it was their job to find quality homes for the animals not bring their personal opinions to work. I do agree that society has issues with what the "norm" should be. I think your friend should go back in there in her own clothes and demand respect from the shelter by asking very specific ?'s about the dogs and telling what kind of home she has to offer. Grammy I understand what you wrote above and know you do it out of love for us all. I just wanted to say that my best friend John was 6'1 230lbs dark hair and eyes. He had piercings everywhere and numerous tattoos on his body including "Live Loud & Proud" around his neck. I have never met another man like him and doubt I ever will. He loved everybody and everybody was drawn to him for that love. He lived his life to the fullest without looking back. He accepted the mistakes he made but remained true to himself through it all. My best friend would have turned 33 tomorrow but passed away 12/09/03. I learned a lot from his life and the way he lived it. I don't take time for granted anymore and make sure that I tell those that I love how much they mean to me everyday. Happy Birthday Johnny!!!!!! I love you and your memory lives on in the love you gave.

bubbatd

Ah !!! Bless you and his memory ....I remember a few years ago, I was at a hotel with my girls and they picked up some " kids" to party in our room. One boy didn't have one inch of his body ( from what I saw !!! LOL!!!) for another stud --- tattoe etc. He was a sweetheart !!! ( Luckily we left the next day !!!)

Thanks Grammy!! I think it goes back to the old biker stereotype. Look how much that has changed over the years. They are some of the sweetest and outgoing people I know

Fran27

chloesowner said:
discrimination is what it is. talk to the manager about that, there is no way your friend derserved that. who cares what she wore? that lady has some issues. thst lady deserves to be fired. and those pants accually sound cool. :)

I totally agree with that. I would definitely talk to the 'manager' of the shelter about it.

candy722

Don't hear me wrong but if I think about it they rather put a dog to sleep rather than letting someone adopt. I know she may have been under dressed but it doesn't mean she has to dress to impress to adopt a dog.

Members online

No members online now.