Who does therapy visits?

EliNHunter

Oh, gosh... I used to do them with my sweet golden, Eli. Nursing homes was the best for us since I love old or disabled people and he was just so gentle and kind. Now I'm thinking of doing this with Hunter. Who can be so gentle and sweet and also can be a freak. I e-mailed the humane society (where I got him) tonight because they do training towards that... and certification. I hope I'm not asking too much of Hunter...

bjolly

I did Pets on Wheels with my Samoyed for three years, until his arthritis got too bad and it was too much for him. It was a wonderful experience - he and I both loved it.

I don't, but I'm thinking of getting Tippy into therapy. She's great with people, and she really senses when people are feeling down.

I used to do it with my Bear (GSD/Akita rescued as an adult) and Gonzo, my Big Blue Cat, through the University of Tennessee's HABIT program. We were assigned to two places, a runaway shelter and a shelter for abused women and children. You could see the differences those two made in people's lives. I used to laugh and say Gonzo did "laps" around the room :) He was a huge, handsome, gregarious fellow with a big outboard motor.

Members online

No members online now.