Farting

Fran27

Well the boys tend to make some pretty bad farts. I never hear them, but the smell can not be mistaken...

They seem to fart less since they got switched to Innova, but is there any relation between their diet and farts?

Yes. I remember when Colby was on a bad food...omigosh she stank sooooo bad. It was enough to make everybody leave the room.

moe

Since my dogs have been fed a raw diet I have noticed this has reduced drastically, which I am forever thankful for, having four large dogs tooting off all the time you could practically cut the air with a knife lol

Mo

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Oh, that's a definate yes. When our aging golden retreiver got pretty pudgy, we switched her to a low-cal dog food. Boy, did we switch her back quickly! We figured if we kept her on that food, we'd end up having to repaint!

Mordy

Quigleyfied
yup, diet plays a major role - excessive gas is a clear sign that something isn't quite functioning the way it should be.

often you can help things along quite well with a good quality probiotic supplement. innova has some probiotics added already, but sometimes that's not quite enough.

there are many different probiotic products on the market, some made especially for pets, but most of those aren't of particularly high quality.

personally i use NOW brand 4x6 acidophilus powder. it's easier to dose than tablets and it has a pleasant taste, much like powdered milk. 1/4 teaspoon per day, possibly divided up into 2 feedings, should do the trick. for cats half the dose is sufficient.

probiotics don't only support and protect the digestive tract, but also the immune system.

Members online

No members online now.