Sasha gets carsick after 30 minutes

skyhigh

Umm... Well, with our pup we just increases the time slowly of car travveling. But this is different I think. Maybe give her a kong while you increase the time? Keep her mind off the road. It helps me to eat something while we're driving long distances so I dont get bored. Hope this helps

I thought ginger was bad for dogs.She is ok if its only 15 minutes but anything past that gets iffy.She wont play with toys in the car or eat treats either.Tried chicken breast even,to try and take her mind off it.Keep the advice coming everybody.

I wouldn't give her any food or water at all before a trip if she is throwing up. That's what you meant by car sick, right?
Ask your Vet about giving her Dramamine before a long car trip too. I guess that's about all you can do.

Jessie

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Dramamine is motion sickness preventative. I second Renee's advice about the heat/window. I love candied ginger...

Renee, you so often post in front of me the exact same thing I was going to say and then it looks like I'm just blithely agreeing with you! :rolleyes: :)

We might start believing you are the same person...LOL..:D .JK

The same thing happens to me to. But i usually see it before i post.

Sunnypup

mostly ignored...
Zoom said:
Dramamine is motion sickness preventative. I second Renee's advice about the heat/window. I love candied ginger...

Renee, you so often post in front of me the exact same thing I was going to say and then it looks like I'm just blithely agreeing with you!
Zoom you're NOT?! :eek: :D (I do...Renee,L4P and Smkie are my heros so I just go with what they say. :D )

Oh, and I found that kind of confining Daisy to one spot in the car with a harness or her crate helps some.

MyDogsLoveMe

My pets love me they do
Nalla gets car sick also, we dont feed her a hr or so before we go and we give her benedryl to help calm her down. Works everytime with little side effects.

A lot of grocery stores have it now, especially if they've got an Oriental or gourmet section. I've even gotten it at WalMart in the non-refrigerated rows of the produce department, packaged in the little celophane bags. Sometimes a natural food store will have it as well.

Members online

No members online now.