more rorey and strider

Dakotah_2009

OOO YEA SHHHAKE IT!!
What a cute ACD!! So happy you got what you and your wife wanted. She is so adorable, and it looks like Stirder and Rorey are great pals.

Barb04

Super Moderator
What great pics to put in your family album! They definitely look like friends.

It looks like Strider is doing a good job of teaching Rory. I just love watching a German Shepherd raise a new pup - they're so good at it and have so much patience.

S

stirder

hes taught her to tree the squirrel, to poke the toad with your nose but not bite or step on it, to scratch the door when she needs out (only works if she realizes she needs to go when shes within a few feet of the back door), taught her where the food is kept, and where the treats are. the first day she was kind of nipping at our heels, and striders, but he has almost taught her not to do that. he taught her how much fun the hose is to chase. and he puts up with almost anything, the only time he gets fed up is when she bites as hard as she can around his face and/or ears or toes. fur isnt thick in those areas so her little needle teeth actually hurt and he tells her. luckily explained to my wife all about this before we brought a puppy home, otherwise she would have freaked and thought he was gonna kill the pup. he was asleep on the kitchen tile floor after running around and she ran up, pounced on his tummy, and nipped at his...ummm...man area. he snarled like the hound from hell, flipped her onto her back without opening his mouth, and VERY gently held her by the throat for about 5 seconds, then picked up a toy and got her to play. that was the only time I was scared for her, not as he was reprimanding her, but as she nipped the sensitive-est of sensitive areas. I thought he might get hurt and hurt her, she sometimes refuses to let go when attacking him. but even when he was mad and probably a little scared by that, he was extremely gentle. everybody keeps reminding us to be certain to set rules and enforce them now, or she wont obey them when shes older (duhh, of course. but they mean well, and know the acd better than I do so I listen), but we have yet to get the opportunity to enforce a ground rule when strider is in the room. if she nips at anyone he reprimands her before we even realize we've been nipped at almost. if she starts to chew something, he gets there first. if she starts looking for a place to pee (before we realize it because she is constantly sniffing and tracking make believe animals) he goes to the door and says HE needs to go out. its very nice, but we do seperate them now and then so she knows she also has to listen to US.

Members online

No members online now.