Favorite winter apparel?

Getting a head start (while I have money) on winter accessories. Looking for a jacket for an active small breed with a short coat. Very active so looking for something that will probably keep her warm on 3mi morning runs with little movement limitations.

Or even educate me on whether or not a coat would be necessary.

BostonBanker

I second the Hurtta coats. For the first 4 or so years I had Meg, she went to work with me every day at the barn throughout our Vermont winters, so I have had a huge selection of dog winter apparel. Hurtta takes the cake, even if you pay full price (and there are a lot of sales). They are warm, they are weather resistant, they go on and off easily (no front leg holes!), they don't shift on the dogs (every other coat I've ever owned that didn't have front "sleeves" has shifted sideways on my dogs as soon as they move), and they wear like iron for the most part. The only damage I've had to mine in the two winters I've used them has been the leg straps pulling out on one end. I've just sewn them back in by hand with my very poor sewing skills. And my dogs are HARD on coats. They hike in the heavy woods, and Gusto wears his during massive wrestling sessions with other dogs.

I love this picture for showing off the coat (and for other reasons, of course). It is clearly not limiting his motion at all, and you can see that it does not shift sideways.

Members online

No members online now.