Microchip-finding the owner

Quick question. If you find a chipped animal, how do you find the owner? Or better, how do you find out where it's registered? There are a handful well known companies I would call first, but it seems that new companies are popping up daily that accept all chips. Do I need to call each company and what if I miss one that's not known to me?

amberdyan

I take them to the vet or shelter. They scan and get the info from the chip. Hugo wears a tag that lists the company and number he's chipped with but I don't think they give out the information to people who call.

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
On our scanners it will read out the chip number and manufacturer (AVID, Home Again, etc.) and we just give them a call. Though most companies are good if you call them with a chip number and it's not theirs, they will give you the correct company to call.

I also use this a lot: https://www.aaha.org/pet_owner/about_aaha/microchip_lookup_tool/default.aspx

There's also a few companies out there that have no registry, there's no one to call and you'll never get anywhere with finding the owners, I believe it's the 9000- chip numbers.

Members online

No members online now.