Bodhi is bald.... think it's a burn.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
She has a bald patch on her back running a few inches long... I thought initially she may have scratched her back on something - but hadn't seen her do anything, and only noticed this patch when I realised she had some scabby lumps running down her back in a line about 4 inches or so long.... This was the other day.

The scabs have come off to reveal baldy skin :( You can see it's an injury, not an infection or mites or anything, but I was just totally puzzled as to where it was from, because when the scab came off you can see it's thicker than a scratch...

Turns out when she was staying with my friend while I was away, she knocked a cup of hot tea on her back so I think it's a burn!!! I'm more irritated that they didn't tell me when I picked her up, because it could have needed vet treatment if it had got infected or something (I was letting her swim in the river and down the beach!!).

Must have really hurt her :( I'm not mad with them for it happening - accidents happen... just would have liked to have known.... I know they will have been devastated and will have acted appropriately at the time. But still...

Just praying the hair grows back...!!!

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Thanks!

Doesn't bother her one bit - she just looks like Scabby McScabberson :D

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I would be awful upset if that happened and someone had not told me. I was afraid when reading the beginning of your thread that it would be worse. THere is a dauchsand up the road from me that had battery acid spilled onto her back. She was like that when the man adopted her. SHe has a scar much like Lucy's Joey. I thought maybe the same thing had happened to him, that it was an infection but the owner told me no it was battery acid. The hair did not grow back on this dog. Glad Bodhi is not in pain, burns can be miserable.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Well.... if I didn't know the guy who was looking after her so well and know he is genuinely a fantastic dog owner then I'd be MORE upset. I've spoken to him, and he did the right thing at the time, so that's what's important.

She's ok, so there's no point wasting bad energy getting angry, you just deal with what's in front of you don't you.

I'm just thankful she's in one piece and happy as usual - if there was some complication I'd probably be a little less cheery ;)

ACooper

Poor baby, I do hope it wasn't too painful for her. I agree, accidents happen and it's nothing to get bent over........not like he intentionally poured it on her, but it would have been nice to have been told just the same.

Phoebe got a little to close to our outdoor fire pit and scorched a bald spot on her hiney :eek: (upper thigh in the rear) It's nearly all filled in now, so I'd imagine Bodhi's will all come back in soon enough as well :)

Members online

No members online now.