Favorite (small business) fabric collar places?

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
:) I'm bored lol and I'm pretty well versed in leather but I was looking at the collar thread and saw so many cute fabrics!

Merlin only has one collar and it doesn't show, would love to find something a bit wider that could at least show through the floof! and would love some unique fabrics!

Etsy. :p

Seriously, one of my favorite collar places on Etsy is Hamilton Hounds, because they make true limited slips.

JacksonsMom

I'm really happy with my Collar Mania collar. It's held up very well, he's worn it a lot the last few months, and the quality is still really good. It's a solid collar but it's not too bulky either. Plus... Heisenberg collar FTW.

My FAVORITE fabric collar shop is Collar Mania.
The Collar Shop is a nice place too but I feel CM has stronger collars (they're thicker for the most part anyway). I also feel CM is cheaper, especially if you can catch one of the many sales she has.

There are SO MANY fabric collar makers out there. Etsy is a good place to start.

teacuptiger

floor dancer
Back when I used to use fabric collars... The Collar Shop all the way!! Gods, I was SUCH an addict. I've culled some of my herd, but still have a few TCS collars lying around cuz I love them too much to sell, even if Roxie only ever wears her Stillwater, EL Nightcrawler, or Dog Walkies beta collar anymore.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
I really like my Nearly Naked Neckwear collars, which have so far survived two years of swimming and general retrievery hooliganism as well as several trips through the washing machine and look great. Seams are tight and rub-free, all the stitching looks new. She has an almost dizzying array of fabrics which is almost overwhelming (see Facebook).

Grab

I have seen some very cute Etsy collars, but don't have any experience with the fabric collars :) I do have several Collar Mania collars and they've held up great, even witih heavy use :)

I use etsy for most of the boys collars. I finally, after almost two years of searching, found the collar I wanted on the collar shop, so we'll see how ordering it goes!

noludoru

Bored Now.
My FAVORITE fabric collar shop is Collar Mania.
The Collar Shop is a nice place too but I feel CM has stronger collars (they're thicker for the most part anyway). I also feel CM is cheaper, especially if you can catch one of the many sales she has.

There are SO MANY fabric collar makers out there. Etsy is a good place to start.
Agreed on both counts. Lisa at Collar Mania has THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER. No one can compare. I've had two orders messed up, and both times she sent me replacement collars ASAP and one time she sent me five or six to donate to the rescue I worked with. She earned my loyalty as a client 50x over with her prompt responses to my problems and excellent collar construction.

Another vote for Trendy Hounds. They were awesome and patient even when I screwed up ordering Gimmicks first collars.

I've also used Dog Collars By Design on Esty and got the cutest collars. I mean, come on, Gimmicks has crabs on it. Crabs I tell you! They were awesome and the collars are holding up nicely.

I love The Collar Shop because she is crazy picky about lining up the print perfectly. Which is something I find important too.

Also The Mod Dog. Great strong craftsmanship there too.

Hudson has a 1.5" minky fabric collar from Collar Mania. I really liked working with Lisa on this. It wasn't anything huge, or custom, or anything like that, but she was very quick to reply to my emails. So far the collar has held up great. Hudson doesn't wear collars a lot, mostly just to go outside to potty and then they come off, but he wore this one pretty much for 3 days straight as I tried to figure out if I like that width on him. No issues with it damaging his fur or leaving collar marks or anything like that.

But, yeah, if I do another fabric collar, I'll definitely look at what Collar Mania has because she was so easy to work with.

Members online

No members online now.