Urgent in LA

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
A friend of mine found a lost dog. He's in the Los Angeles area. His landlord let him keep the dog for a few days but now says the dog has to go (he's not allowed to have dogs.) Nobody has come forward as the owner. He's contacted a few rescues but nobody will take the dog. He called a no-kill shelter but they said they don't have space.

Is there anybody in the area who can take this dog and help try to find her owner, or if the owner doesn't show up, help her find a new home?

He needs her gone today... any help would be appreciated. If you have anybody who can help can they e-mail me? beaniepup AT gmail DOT com.

He's really upset over this because she's really a lovely little dog and he's pretty sure she has an owner, but she had no tags (only a collar) when he found her and the shelter scanned for chips but found nothing. She is a medium sized kinda fluffy (retriever type coat) dog, light in colour. I think she might be a collie mix from the photos he sent me, or just a Heinz 57 with some type of herding dog in there somewhere.

Any help would be super appreciated...

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Update, his mom is taking the dog for a few days, so we have a bit more time - but any further help would be much appreciated. He's apparently having no luck with rescues being willing to help. =<

crazedACD

:( I'd be willing to foster (or get the dog set up in rescue here) but that's so far! I know one person in California I can check with, but not too many people in that area.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
His mom ended up finding a family that is going to take her in and adopt her if her family doesn't show up!! It's a shame because she seems such a nice dog, it's almost positive somebody is missing her, but he's done more than I could even think to try and find her owner and nobody has called. BUT it's a happy ending either way because the new family apparently just adores her and she is just a happy little bug who seems quite smitten with them too.

Members online