The Venting Thread

Last week my co-worker came in to work sick. I overheard her telling her dad on the phone she had a fever. The rules are if you are vomiting, have diarrhea, or running a fever, you are contagious, so DO NOT COME TO WORK... and she came to work running a fever anyway.

Friday on my way to the agility trial I started feeling sick.
Saturday woke up feeling like I was sick but figured it might have been just crappy humidity in the hotel room I stayed in...
Yesterday, yes, 100% absolutely sick. I had a feeling I was going to show up to work and my third co-worker was also going to be sick, because if she got ME sick, more than likely she got him sick too.

Sure enough, he came into work and sat down and asked me a question and I was like "...are you sick too?"
"Yeah."
"I knew it. She got us both sick."
"Yeah, I spent my entire weekend cursing her."

It's actually kind of humorous because we are speaking in the same low, sickly, congested voice. And neither of us have been able to sleep, so we're also both quite sleep deprived. Humorous and horrible. I'm so bloody exhausted.

That's the worst. My rule is, if I don't want you in my office getting me sick, I don't want you anywhere in the office getting anyone sick. Either take your computer and go work at home, or take a sick day. I have been known to put "Sickies not welcome" signs on my door

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Cat is living in dog crate right now because he went on a urine spraying spree this weekend. :( All had been well once I started keeping my bedroom door shut. Now he's finding other places. I have Prozac to pick up after work but I don't know... kind of scared to ever give him freedom, who knows if the meds will work or how long it'll take. Don't know what else to do for him though and the family isn't exactly pleased...

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I don't know what's going to make me more perturbed. Having to go to the doctor tomorrow because I still can't breathe or having whatever asthma-esque thing is going on spontaneously clear up tomorrow afternoon right before I go, like it has done every other time I've had this issues. I want to be better and I want to not got to the doctor...but I'd also like to know exactly what the heck is going on when I get these spells! It's soooo infrequent, maybe once every year, year and a half, but blegh is it annoying when it hits.

teacuptiger

floor dancer
When your boring little headache turns into a full blown hold-your-skull-cuz-your-brains-might-seep-out migraine.

Seriously need to stop having migraines all the time that the climate changes a tiny bit.

Melle

Tomorrow is my grandmother's 89th birthday. I haven't seen her in more than a year, and neither my mom or I have been with her on her birthday in a while and she hasn't been doing well, is a little worse now (myriad of problems and then had to go to the ER for a clot in her leg) and we're trying to drive down to see her the next two days.

But I can't find anyone to cover for me on Thursday because a bunch of other people called out pretty much Because they don't want to go to work in the snow :(

teacuptiger

floor dancer
Having depression and people don't understand it and how to handle the fact that you have it without rubbing in how worthless you are or how you don't have a life. And just generally wish people wouldn't tell me I don't have a life. If I didn't have a life, I'd be dead by now. I wouldn't keep bothering to breathe if that were true, so don't say that to me. There's a lot more I'd like to say, but I'm not going to say it here.

I wish The Amity Affliction would make an acoustic version of "Pittsburgh" (I can't find one on youtube, just covers) cuz that is what depression is like and I would love to be able to send people that song so they understood, but it's all screamy meemy.

RBark

Got Floof?
Having depression and people don't understand it and how to handle the fact that you have it without rubbing in how worthless you are or how you don't have a life. And just generally wish people wouldn't tell me I don't have a life. If I didn't have a life, I'd be dead by now. I wouldn't keep bothering to breathe if that were true, so don't say that to me. There's a lot more I'd like to say, but I'm not going to say it here.

I wish The Amity Affliction would make an acoustic version of "Pittsburgh" (I can't find one on youtube, just covers) cuz that is what depression is like and I would love to be able to send people that song so they understood, but it's all screamy meemy.
Yeah I hear ya. Hope you find a balance.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Omg. The irony here, it's amazing. LOL.
Thank you.

LostAndConfused was being honest and "telling it like it is".

That said, you don't understand the meaning of rude.

For example, I could come here and say "I think you are a waste of oxygen." Not only is that being honest, it is also rude. It doesn't have to be either or.
:like:

Hypothetically, if I were to say to someone that I am astounded they mastered the use of a keyboard with their inability to master the English language, would that be rude? :confused: I think I also need clarification on what would be considered rude. :D

Flounce 3/10 would not read again.
This.

I think it's misleading because she's actually been a member here a long time, but it's a new user name. But it's easy to forget who used to use what name, at least for me.

I went to go find a Stefon reaction GIF but then I found this and I don't even care anymore.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/perpetua/which-stefon-club-are-you#.cexn1OdEk
So that's probably the most misleading part.. Sam has been a member here longer than most of you telling her to GTFO added together. She's been here longer than me, if you want to look up and slightly to the right. Pixie was her previous name.

For the record, I stopped posting pics except for that last thread. :p

JazzyTheSibe

Love is 4 legged word

I have been there so many times. (((Hugs))) I'm here for you,& if ever need to privately vent, I'll listen.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Another childhood friend died today.

****. We're not that old. :mad:
aww Eddie, I'm so sorry to hear that :(

My friend just got her diagnosis for her cancer. It's stage 4 bowel cancer that has spread. They are going to do Chemo and Radiation but said there is no cure. :( she's only 31. She needs a miracle

teacuptiger

floor dancer
Another childhood friend died today.

****. We're not that old. :mad:
aww Eddie, I'm so sorry to hear that :(

My friend just got her diagnosis for her cancer. It's stage 4 bowel cancer that has spread. They are going to do Chemo and Radiation but said there is no cure. :( she's only 31. She needs a miracle

Many hugs to both of you :( I'm so sorry.

houlahoops

This is trivial compared to what others here are struggling with, so I'll start off with *hugs* for all of you.

Pippa ran off on me today :( I have been working with her since day one on off-leash obedience, and she has blown maybe three recalls in the whole time I have had her. But today she saw a deer and was just gone. She came back after about a minute but I felt like an absolute failure and I have just been (irrationally) crying about it all day. She is crated all day when I'm at work, but I was taking solace in the fact that she at least got 3 hours of off-leash hiking every day. Except now I'll have to leash her and I feel like just a shitty dog owner :( :( :(

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
massively annoyed that the management position i was gunning for was given to someone else. not only was it given to a worker who is, shall we say, less good, i was not told that i was passed over. i found out, after the fact, from another worker who heard the gossip

get your **** together people

teacuptiger

floor dancer
When your parents start goin' all fatalist on you.

Just no. Please stop. I'm fatalistic enough for the entire family, thanks.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
holy crazy text messages dude. we aren't dating nor was that even ever on the table... holy psycho.

Members online

No members online now.