Finnegan is six.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
I'm not sure where the time went. I was just looking over the thread from when I first brought him home, and I remember being so excited at the open book that was this little border collie.

And, well. Things didn't go as I would have wanted with his sport career (or complete lack thereof), and even as we speak we're dealing with daily challenges that are less than ideal.

But you know what? He's still here. Happy and healthy. I love this dog more than I ever have. It doesn't matter what we're doing or what we're not doing. He's always here by my side, cheerful, doing something to make me laugh.

That's what matters. That's why he's the Best Dog.

(I'm wearing this exact hoodie this morning. Clearly I rotate my wardrobe regularly.)

(He's on the same slope in both those pictures - I swear his structure is not that bad LOL)

Here's to six more years and beyond, little buddy. Happy Birthday.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Happy birthday to the incredibly handsome Finn who made me fall for tricolor BCs :) Sorry to hear you're dealing with some issues, but whatever they are I am glad you get to spend your time with such an great guy :)

RD

Are you dead yet?
I forgot that Eve's tri counterpart is also a few years younger than she is!

Happy birthday, Finn. We love you <3

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Another birthday for a chaz dog! Happy birthday Finnegan! Can't believe so much time has passed...

Oko

Silence, peasants.
Happy Birthday Finn!!

I'd just like to say that when I was first thinking about getting a border collie, I totally internet stalked you and Finn here and on the BC boards, and you guys were a pretty big influence in my believing I could get one and have it happy as 'just a pet' (I got Feist without wanting to do dog sports...LOL), so thank you for that. <3

You're totally right on the doesn't matter what you were planning vs what you've done, and I just wanted to add on to that because I know sometimes I feel guilty or like my dog would be in better hands with a more capable trainer...One of the best parts about dogs is that they don't compare their lives to other dogs lives, or what they're doing. It doesn't matter if you do sports with them or just sit around throwing popcorn into their mouth, you are their best person and they love you for it. Especially border collies, with their insane people devotion, you are their world and you interacting with them is the best, regardless of if it's blowing bubbles or competing at he world sheepdog trial. Besides, I think mine prefers popcorn time anyway. :)

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Oh geez. Thanks everyone. <3

You're totally right on the doesn't matter what you were planning vs what you've done, and I just wanted to add on to that because I know sometimes I feel guilty or like my dog would be in better hands with a more capable trainer...One of the best parts about dogs is that they don't compare their lives to other dogs lives, or what they're doing. It doesn't matter if you do sports with them or just sit around throwing popcorn into their mouth, you are their best person and they love you for it. Especially border collies, with their insane people devotion, you are their world and you interacting with them is the best, regardless of if it's blowing bubbles or competing at he world sheepdog trial. Besides, I think mine prefers popcorn time anyway.
Totally agree with this. my anxiety's been awful lately and thanks to that, I often revert to the worst case of everything. Our current situation is not the worst, or terrible, or even all that bad. It just is. We're both happy, so why fret, right?

All the kind words - it's fun to know that he and I inspired others to have a BC!

JazzyTheSibe

Love is 4 legged word
Happy belated Birthday Finn!

Your one of the biggest inspiration in the dog world. I love your relationship with Finn,& I wish more people had your devotion.

Members online

No members online now.