Our third dog Oddie:) Breed guesses?

Kayla

Recently my boyfriend and I adopted our third dog Oddie after his owner (a loved grandparent passed away).

He fits in well with Duke and Mav despite living on a farm away from all dogs since puppyhood with his litter.

Initially we used lots of x pens to keep everyone safe and comfortable, and slowly have been able to have them all loose together when nothing conflicting is happening (play times and meal times they are always seperated to be safe).

They now go on walks together and Oddie a few times has tried to iniaite play with Maverick who hasn't been interested in responding so far. Oddie responds so appropriately and proceeds to go sniff the ground and give space when Maverick or Duke decline.

Just curious what everyone thinks for breed mixes? He has the banding on the back that looks a lot like an Elkhound though his face doesn't look 100%. Either way we love him and he is soooo cute!

This was a really cool day when I first captured Duke, Mav and Oddie all relaxing:)

Oddie:)

Duke:)

Mav:)

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Looks like he is, or has in him, Akita? If a mixture, maybe some Shepherd, maybe some Malamute. Either way, he's adorable!

MicksMom

In the first pic I thought Elkhound, in the second I thought Akita.

Congrats on the new addition!!
Me, too. But it was the markings that made me thing Akita. How big is he? From the picture of him in the x pen, he doesn't look heavy boned enough to have much Akita in him. He also doesn't look big enough to have Malamute in him, but Siberian Husky is a possibility.

Kayla

Thanks guys, those two both came to mind as well he is the most darling dog ever so mellow and calm and loves to snuggle!

Here are a few more pics of his markings on his back which look really elkhoundy to me:

JazzyTheSibe

Love is 4 legged word
Maybe Elkhound x Akita?

The back of the him reminds me of Elkhound.But, I also see Akita in some of the pictures. Especially the second picture.

Juniper48

I realize I'm late to the party, but I'm going to jump in and say I'd bet money he has some Keeshond in him. Ears, facial expression, markings, and a hint at a curled tail in the photos. I do see some akita more so in the paws than anything, but that is a keeshond face if I ever saw one:)

Kayla

I have some more pics and I realize I didn't respond to you Mick's mom. He was 90lbs in those pics I posted, we've had him now for four months and he's down to 85lbs and looks much more fit, he could possibly loose another 2lbs or so.

Thanks for your thoughts Juniper I was wondering about Keeshound as well.

Either way he's really special and awesome:)

MicksMom

I have some more pics and I realize I didn't respond to you Mick's mom. He was 90lbs in those pics I posted, we've had him now for four months and he's down to 85lbs and looks much more fit, he could possibly loose another 2lbs or so...
Wow! He's bigger than I thought! I still think he looks too fine boned to have Akita or Malamute in him. I'm sticking with my Elkhound/Siberian Husky mix guess, and possibly some German Shepherd. I know, neither Elkhounds or Siberians should be that heavy, but it happens. :) There are a few PB Elkhounds on the email list I'm on that are over sized. I've seen a few over sized Siberians as well.

Members online