Photos of the Canadian Rocky Mountains

Bolerame

Bolerame Boxers Reg'd
These are a few photos from my album "The Stunning Canadian Rocky Mountains". Please visit my profile to view the whole album.

We'd taken a day road trip from Calgary to Jasper last spring to deliver a puppy and traveled the Columbia Icefields Parkway. Most of the photos were taken on the fly without stopping. The 3rd photo is the Athabasca Glacier and although it doesn't look big in this photo, it is HUGE although more of it melts every year. If there were people walking on it, you wouldn't be able to see them in this photo. Beyond the glacier is an icefield. It is spread between many mountains and is as deep as it is wide. You can take large tractor tourist buses up there in the summer. The next photo is of the incredibly beautiful Lake Louise in Banff National Park (a 1 1/2 hour drive from our home) in the summertime and the last photo is of the Alberta foothills with the mountains in the backgroud heading south on hiway 22 towards the U.S. border. Many western movies have been shot in this area.

<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>

Barb04

Super Moderator
Those pictures are gorgeous. I've always wanted to visit the Canadian Rockies. Thanks for sharing.

Members online