The Venting Thread

GipsyQueen

When they are done, start clapping really loudly. Like you are applauding their performance.
:rofl1: Oh my, YES! (no pun intended ;) )

We did end up writing them a funny letter - hopefully that gets the point across that we can hear them. :p We wrote something along the lines of "Hi we're your downstairs neighbours - while we are happy that you want to share your sexlife with us, we would rather you keep it to yourself. Also please repair your bed."

JazzyTheSibe

Love is 4 legged word
This is going to be a really petty vent, so feel free to ignore this. Just need to get this out because it's been on my mind for awhile. I apologize if I'm annoying, or bugging anyone.

No matter how much people compliment me.No matter how much I help others but , and matter how much people say I matter to them(or how much they care about me)- I still hate myself, and feel like a really horrible person who really doesn't deserve anything, or anyone.

So feel free to ignore this, because I probably should be posting such things here, ever.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
This is going to be a really petty vent, so feel free to ignore this. Just need to get this out because it's been on my mind for awhile. I apologize if I'm annoying, or bugging anyone.

No matter how much people compliment me.No matter how much I help others but , and matter how much people say I matter to them(or how much they care about me)- I still hate myself, and feel like a really horrible person who really doesn't deserve anything, or anyone.

So feel free to ignore this, because I probably should be posting such things here, ever.
(((((hugs)))))) I know you you feel, I really do. I have ADHD and social issues that make it hard for me to socialize and sometimes I say the wrong thing and hurt people's feelings without realizing it or offend people without meaning to (I am better about it now, but it still happens). But ... OTOH, I have been socially shunned for being different and quirky and "weird" all my life and it has made me a tad bitter and cynical towards society in general.

My OH does so many wonderful things for me and I feel like I am just the taker, and never give to the relationship .. even though he assures me that is not true, it still FEELS that way :(.

So I do totally understand how you are feeling, and I also know how annoying (I know that is terrible to say, because I know they mean well) when people say "But you do matter!" and "I care about you!" and "But you have a great life! I dont underdstand how you can feel that way!!!"

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Can't breathe today. :( Nothing like having the feeling that a 10 pound dumbell is sitting on your chest and that someone is constricting your upper airway with a fist. Blech. I'm not snotty. I'm not congested. I'm not coughing. I'm not wheezing or gasping for breath. My chest just HURTS with the stupid unrelenting pressure. My lungs just want to be inflammed, apparently. Fml. If it doesn't improve by tomorrow I'm going to urgent care. I'd like to be able to breathe. That's kind of nice.

noludoru

Bored Now.

Stop telling people to ignore you. Or to ignore what you have to say. JUST STOP.

You are worthy of being heard, and of being listened to. It doesn't feel like that right now, but step 1 is to stop the damage of reaffirming to yourself that you are worthless and no one wants to listen to you. Neither of those things are true. Neither of those things will ever be true.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Unfortunately, depression doesnt work that way, regardless of how you SHOULD feel or how much people tell you that you are worth it, the chemical imbalance renders you incapable of believing it.

@jazzy the siberian I understand, I really do. Honestly? I had some dark times and the only reason I survived was because I had my dogs depending on me and there would have been no one else to care for them.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Please read the forum rules. It is now against them to post something stupid in reply to a post trying to support someone who is depressed and needs people to reach out and provide healthier thoughts.

If you would like to critique each and every person's way of trying to help someone they care about on this forum, perhaps this isn't the place for you.

Melle

I'm often d*mned depressed, and likely more than I even realize just quietly mentally whispering suicidal things to myself, but telling myself to put my big girl panties on and just stop wallowing because somewhere inside beyond that chemical imbalance I know I have no grounds to let myself pansy and it won't do me good to sit and wallow has probably been the most effective thing at times for the last 5 years.

Paviche

Duuuuude.
Stop telling people to ignore you. Or to ignore what you have to say. JUST STOP.

You are worthy of being heard, and of being listened to. It doesn't feel like that right now, but step 1 is to stop the damage of reaffirming to yourself that you are worthless and no one wants to listen to you. Neither of those things are true. Neither of those things will ever be true.
Saurus is much more blunt than I am, which is often a good thing, but I agree with the above. It's hard as hell but it's so important for you to stand up for yourself and say "I AM important", especially if everything and everyone around you is saying otherwise. That is so much easier said than done, I get it... I've been dealing with this for 14 years and have only JUST started standing up for myself and believing myself "worthy." Sometimes it can even just start out as hollow words or thoughts. You can say "I am worthwhile" and not believe it, but even just saying it is a solid first step. The more and more you say it, the more that belief grows in you until you realize it's true.

Don't get me wrong, it's not like positive thinking is your cure-all for depression. It's not by a long shot. But you can't start working toward managing depression until you understand that you're WORTH fighting for, you know? If you don't believe that, why would you bother fighting to help yourself? I promise, Jazzy, you ARE worthwhile. You are a genuinely good person and I hope that if you start telling yourself that, you'll start to see it, too. <3 Don't apologize for yourself. You are worth being heard.

JazzyTheSibe

Love is 4 legged word
Aplogize's for the late replies, I've been super busy this passed today, as well as with last night.

I wasn't in the best state of mind when I posted this, but... I never intend this this to happen.

I'm fine with your reply-I personally, didn't find this to be neagtive. I appericated you it.

Unfortunately, depression doesnt work that way, regardless of how you SHOULD feel or how much people tell you that you are worth it, the chemical imbalance renders you incapable of believing it.

@jazzy the siberian I understand, I really do. Honestly? I had some dark times and the only reason I survived was because I had my dogs depending on me and there would have been no one else to care for them.
I... Don't think she was trying to be rude about it.

I'm often d*mned depressed, and likely more than I even realize just quietly mentally whispering suicidal things to myself, but telling myself to put my big girl panties on and just stop wallowing because somewhere inside beyond that chemical imbalance I know I have no grounds to let myself pansy and it won't do me good to sit and wallow has probably been the most effective thing at times for the last 5 years.
(((((HUGS)))))) I'm happy to hear you've found coping methods. That's wonderful! I'm trying to find some coping methods for myself,& there are a few, animals, childern,& helping out in the community.

Feel free to PM me anytime.

Saurus is much more blunt than I am, which is often a good thing, but I agree with the above. It's hard as hell but it's so important for you to stand up for yourself and say "I AM important", especially if everything and everyone around you is saying otherwise. That is so much easier said than done, I get it... I've been dealing with this for 14 years and have only JUST started standing up for myself and believing myself "worthy." Sometimes it can even just start out as hollow words or thoughts. You can say "I am worthwhile" and not believe it, but even just saying it is a solid first step. The more and more you say it, the more that belief grows in you until you realize it's true.

Don't get me wrong, it's not like positive thinking is your cure-all for depression. It's not by a long shot. But you can't start working toward managing depression until you understand that you're WORTH fighting for, you know? If you don't believe that, why would you bother fighting to help yourself? I promise, Jazzy, you ARE worthwhile. You are a genuinely good person and I hope that if you start telling yourself that, you'll start to see it, too. <3 Don't apologize for yourself. You are worth being heard.
Thanks for replying, & for being such a caring person. I wish there was more people like you. Your an amazing person, & I'm so glad I got the chance to "meet" you. I'm sorry to hear your struggle with depression.

I do understand where

teacuptiger

floor dancer
Aplogize's for the late replies, I've been super busy this passed today, as well as with last night.

I wasn't in the best state of mind when I posted this, but... I never intend this this to happen.

I'm fine with your reply-I personally, didn't find this to be neagtive. I appericated you it.

I... Don't think she was trying to be rude about it.

(((((HUGS)))))) I'm happy to hear you've found coping methods. That's wonderful! I'm trying to find some coping methods for myself,& there are a few, animals, childern,& helping out in the community.

Feel free to PM me anytime.

Thanks for replying, & for being such a caring person. I wish there was more people like you. Your an amazing person, & I'm so glad I got the chance to "meet" you. I'm sorry to hear your struggle with depression.

I do understand where
*hugs* I just wanted to say that you are an awesome person and I understand how you feel. I don't have any great words, but you are never alone.

As The Color Morale said in Strange Comfort, "we are not okay, but this is not the end yet"

noludoru

Bored Now.
Kendall- <3 because I know you know and you have a nicer way of saying it.

Terra, you're loved on here and on a forum where many of us have sought help, seen therapists/psychiatrists, taken medication, and have even been hospitalized for our depression - you're in a safe space where we all have little bits we can offer that might help. As we all know, I'm a huge proponent of medication and therapy. They won't work well for everyone, but mood stabilizers gave me the ability to cope and to handle things I previously couldn't even think about. All the therapy in the world won't help you until you're able and willing to help yourself. I've struggled with severe mental illness for over a decade, and I was a trainwreck four years ago. Now you could meet me and work with me for months and have no idea that I've struggled with this my whole life (and will probably continue to! That's the nature of it).

You are loved and supported in the ways that we can - right now, that's mostly just words.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Why does my post have a wonky face? WTF chaz!?

My vent: I am super ragey lately. Part of it is all the abuse from my now ex-boss, part of it is all the stress from my relationship, part is lack of sleep, some is from pain and general ineffectiveness, but I'm seriously wondering if it's the thyroid. My temper is shorter than my usual short. Anything assholish anyone says SETS ME OFF. It feels like being on Wellbutrin sometimes. "I HATE THAT SHADE OF BLUE! WHY IS THE SKY THAT SHADE OF BLUE?!?!!!"

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I haven't posted much but been dealing with depression and anxiety in a big way lately. It sucks. I typed up a massive text to someone asking for help/support but could not hit send. :/ I feel a bit better now. I'm almost wondering why is going on with these sudden huge mood swings.

I had been doing very good till recently. I don't know why it's so bad now.

Maybe I will be brave enough to hit send tomorrow.

teacuptiger

floor dancer
I haven't posted much but been dealing with depression and anxiety in a big way lately. It sucks. I typed up a massive text to someone asking for help/support but could not hit send. :/ I feel a bit better now. I'm almost wondering why is going on with these sudden huge mood swings.

I had been doing very good till recently. I don't know why it's so bad now.

Maybe I will be brave enough to hit send tomorrow.

*hugs*

I am putting this song here for anyone who's going through stuff (and because I'm better at songs than words). Cuz this song has been helping me a lot lately, and maybe it will help someone else too.

(original version) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlScrMv7Pd8

(acoustic version) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ihCEM_Cta4

Also, this too (original, bit screamy if you don't like post hxc)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=127w6YqHOfs

(acoustic) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qq2BRnJ1fI

GipsyQueen

This week sucks. Period.

The store I worked at had it's last day on wednesday. For a while they said they would keep the store and put something else in and we could all stay until next January. On wednesday - the last day at the store was open - they said, oh never mind, we're closing. :mad: Apartently though, they will put us into other stores. Which is Ok - BUT then they said they still aren't sure, maybe we will reopen. I don't know if I'm going to work this week. Needless to say WHERE. Or generally if I still have a job somewhere. :( My anxiety is off the charts right now. I can't deal with this much uncertianty

On top of it all, my great-grandpa is in the hospital, unresponsiv since thursday. :( No one has told my great-grandma (97) that he probably won't be coming home. She calls out for him at night - and she can't even go see him, because she isn't able to leave the 1st floor of their house. My grandpa is her person - her constant. It just breaks my heart. :(

So done with this site. Thanks for the 66 views and zero comments on the picture thread that took me HOURS to post. Sorry myself and my dogs airn't good enough for you. I don't know why I ever returned to this cliquey joke of a forum. Enjoy your lives. I'm done.

Members online

No members online now.