Is the "honeymoon" period actually a thing?

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
sometimes I think the constant "OMG let's have sex every second of everyday and never work or be productive members of society" in the beginning of a relationship is definitely part of the honeymoon phase but for two different reasons.

TMI ahead so don't read any further if that bothers you lol

My desire for my husband is definitely still there but it's different than in the beginning. One, everything was so NEW and exciting and OMG let's do it for hours. BUT on the flip side, I think we were constantly wanting sex because we weren't yet in tune with each others bodies and it was needed more often to bring DEEP sexual satisfaction lol. Now, we know EXACTLY what works and what doesn't and we are left extremely satisfied in less time and it lasts for longer periods of time. I truly believe there are different levels of orgasm and in the beginning we were just at surface orgasm lol because we didn't really know what made each other tick AND what might have worked in past relationships might not work in this one. Plus the comfort level of being partners for 10 years has it's advantages

amberdyan

sometimes I think the constant "OMG let's have sex every second of everyday and never work or be productive members of society" in the beginning of a relationship is definitely part of the honeymoon phase but for two different reasons.

TMI ahead so don't read any further if that bothers you lol

My desire for my husband is definitely still there but it's different than in the beginning. One, everything was so NEW and exciting and OMG let's do it for hours. BUT on the flip side, I think we were constantly wanting sex because we weren't yet in tune with each others bodies and it was needed more often to bring DEEP sexual satisfaction lol. Now, we know EXACTLY what works and what doesn't and we are left extremely satisfied in less time and it lasts for longer periods of time. I truly believe there are different levels of orgasm and in the beginning we were just at surface orgasm lol because we didn't really know what made each other tick AND what might have worked in past relationships might not work in this one. Plus the comfort level of being partners for 10 years has it's advantages
Completely agree. Less often now, but much more satisfied, lol.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
Tyler and I have been together for what will be 9 years, been together the summer before grade 12. Been best friends since grade 10. Lived together for 3 years, getting married this August.

I am so insanely in love with him its stupid. I don't really think my intensity of love changed a lot other than it has matured and grew. Tyler and I pretty much grew up together so we matured, changed and grew together.

I will have to add more later.

Members online

No members online now.