Things I learned this week so far..

Debi

1. when it rains on top of snow....there's no place for the water to go, therefore you have an entire world of slush.

2. you find out your winter boots have died when you venture forth into said slush.....and it is very gross.

3. your dogs HAVE to go out more when it's gross, cause they get a kick out of your feet being wet AND cold.

4. No matter how much you dry your dog......they are damp, and they smell kinda like...............dogs. well, dogs that need a bath anyway.

5. You thought you were sick of Feb.,........now you KNOW you are.

6. Your dogs can never get enough of frollicking in the mud (do they really never feel yukky?????)

7. I've learned that ...forget about mere caffeine.......Irish coffee is sounding like the ticket to take me to May. (if only in my mind)

8. I DO like to whine. YES, it helps. ;)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Better stock up, the weather man says March is gonna be worse than FEb. I take some brandy please

Debi

Smkie 'March worse than Feb.'....NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
AS an artist I'd be lucky to get a bottle of mad dog..we're only famous after were gone..anybody use cornbags to keep warm? my mom makes them..you take seed corn and sew it up in a little square..pop that thing in the microwave for a minute and shove it in your pocket......they are so nice....weatherman said..snow..rain..ice..I am going to hide until it is all over..like the squirrels in the tree out front.

[sigh] I guess I'm going to have to start buying lottery tickets so I can be an art patron someday, SMKie. :)

I've heard of those warm thingies, but I've only seen them made with barley before. How neat!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Seed corn is cheap. just don't cook it too long..mom makes several sizes out of all that left over material that has filled the drawers...i get to see all that late 70's polester all over again. ha. Since she is old and always cold she has a long rectangular one that she keeps on the back of her neck..great for joint pain too, but my favorites are the cordoury pocket pals...they stay warm a long time.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
That's where we learned about them..people got all fancy and used flax seed..and lavender..but I like the corn the best, holds the heat and when they wear out (or I lose them like the leashes) it doesn't cost much to make more.

Debi

If I had some of those today, I'd stuff them all inside my person before going outside! That just sounds so awesome! I have a little microwave thingy that is filled with sand........FABULOUS for those little aches and pains.

Barb04

Super Moderator
I'm downstairs on the computer and it's so cold today; I'd love to have one of those pouches right now. We did warm up to the 50's last week and now we're back down to 10 at night and maybe 30 during the day. I hate the cold, but last week was horrible with Max & CJ both coming inside with mud all over their feet.

Members online

No members online now.