silly dog question...

Debi

I know there is a real reason for this.....and it's certainly not anything all that important...but why, oh why does a dog sometimes circle a trillion times before deciding to lay down?? :rolleyes: I swear, they both do it...and I'm left practically dizzy...waiting..waiting...waiting.......then BAM, finally they can lay down and look like road kill in seconds. I'm just curious. :D

Guess I also wonder why it's such a big production to go potty. We sniff...sniff...sniff...sniff...circle...circle..sniff...circle...move...sniff...and magically, it's the same stupid spot we've been standing in for 15 mins. that gets picked. (can you tell it's been raining.....can you feel how wet I am???) :eek:

The answer to your first question is . . . they're winding themselves up - they're WATCHDOGS! :D

As far as finding that perfect spot, well, I think they do that for the drama - think of it like watching the marble circle round and round and round and round and round on a roulette wheel . . . ;)

tl_ashmore

Spoiled Rotten Dog
My dogs do that too and it drives me crazy. Beulah will stand up on the bed, under the covers, and spin around and around and twist the blanket up around her, then she will lay down. But, by then, she has to get back up so I can fix the covers.

bonster

Disappointed :(
WATCHDOGS - LOL !!!!
The twisting round... isn't it a long ingraned practice from "wild" nesting down - e.g. in long grass? That's what I thought.... although why they need to do it on carpets, floors and dog beds is beyond me!!!

Members online

No members online now.