Can you believe this - puppy mill for sale

bogolove

I know, can you believe that? I am simply in shock and extremely irritated by this.

I got even more irritated when I went to the bottom of that page andlooked at the pics of ALL those dogs and pups in the kennels.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
When I worked for Midwest Pets the second time, he had taken on puppies. All little dogs..of various breeds. Those are the ones that I told you about came down with parvo. After the vet put all of them down he was going to order 30 more the next day. I quit. That was all I could do because it was not illegal, and no amount of arguing was going to change his mind. They did bleach down but that was just hopeless. None of them had been vacinated. EVen when I had my oops litter, everybody had their shots on time and boosters before they left. Their faces will be imprinted on my mind forever. I know how awful it sounds for the puppies, but in truth, the reptiles, and birds fair no better. The death rate in shipping if very high. The place I worked for is no longer in business, but there are a zillion more. These places are just the beginning, it is the consumer that seals the fate of all those female breeders...

That's why I haven't bought an animal in 10 years! I ONLY rescue. There are too many atrocities happening, and too many animals that need loving homes.

candy722

Hum....i don't know if they are puppy mill. I looked at the picture and the equipment that they use seem pretty cleanand professional. I've been to a puppy mill inside and it was bad compared to this one. The one I saw it was all outdoor and had roofs on top of the kennels. If it rains all the dogs will get wet. But I do agree, 600 females producing is way too much.

I think anyone who breeds exclusively for money qualifies as a puppy mill. The way they were talking about the dogs..."Bichon Females Being Exposed To A Yorkie Male To Make Yorkie-Chons"--just the language pretty clearly demonstrates their lack of regard for the dogs as individuals. Living like cattle...that's no way for a dog to live.

candy722

You can really say that. You can be caring, responsible and professional breeder in mass quantity. IT is so obvious even the most repuatable breeders do it for the money. Some people show their dog to be proud. Some people show their dogs just because they want to be able to sell their puppies for more money. But Im not saying im right because everyones definition of puppy mill is different. Even some well known breeders will breed in mass quantity. I also went to another forum and some people just prefer a mixture of dogs. I know someone thinks maltese and yorkie mix is a beautiful breed. So what can you say. Everyone is different.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
that many females is nothing but a puppy factory..a true breeder is out to improve his investment, and to do that he must showm or trial whatever...breeding is poured over and usually no more than a few litters if that at the same time. Quality vs quantity

bogolove

No true good, honest, reputable breeder breeds for quantity. A GOOD breeder breeds for the betterment of the breed. If you met a person who was breeding for the betterment of the breed and a person who was breeding for money, you can completely tell the difference. A good breeder would not breed that many dogs for the safety of their own pups. It has nothing to do with people's preferences regarding what makes a good breeder and what makes a puppy mill breeder. Anyone who breeds in mass quantity for money is a puppy mill and even though they have nice equipment (which would make this place great for a rescue) that doesn't necessarily make it as good as someone who knows the breeding ethics and wants to make sure their dogs get good homes. Do you think these people do at home visits to make sure their dogs are going to the right place? No, how could they with that many dogs. Serena has been on here many times saying how she has more than one visit to the home when she sells a puppy. That for starters makes a good breeder who cares about her dogs.

Bottom line: dogs need love and attention in order to thrive and be healthy and happy. 600 females alone makes that impossible.

I'd like to throw those people in a closed pen with some of Judy and Gary's big ol' male Filas. Or maybe just give them to Serena. :mad:

Members online