doggie toy roll call

jus wonderin what you guys bois and girls fav toys are (pics if u got em)..??

chase lixe ne thing that rattles.. his squeky balls of course.. oh his rope thing.. lol

jus like this one but

Shiva's favorite toys are her pink squeaky (it's in one of her photos in the gallery - she fell asleep with it in her mouth, lol) http://www.chazhound.com/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=937&sort=1&cat=500&page=4 and her big nylon fuzzy ball and her Orbee bones - and she loves the Marie Callender's pot pie pans. She'll carry them around until they're just little slobbery messes of green cardboard. She brings them to me to show me she has one, waits for me to take it from her, then watches me very solemnly while I look at it - if I don't look at it long enough she'll just give it back to me again with an expression and a noise that plainly says "you didn't look at it!" Of course, she fully expects me to give it back to her! I can't hold it too long or she gets worried that she's not getting it back. She purses her lips and makes a low 'woo-woo' sound, almost like a whistle and shifts her weight back and forth on her front legs if I keep it too long.

Kharma's favorite toys are anything Shiva has. Her favorite game is "Hide Shiva's Toys." She's very, very good at it, and she makes up the rules as she goes along. Her second favorite game is "Carry Off Renee's Things - Especially Bras." :rolleyes:

Bimmer doesn't care much about toys, but his favorite game is "Hunting Varmints."

roxys are these(not sure if youve ever seen it but its a foam ball and youre supposed to soak it up with water like a sponge and throw it). she plays on tile floors like the dining room and kitchen (its the only thing she will play with because it rolls and slides around and soft on her sensitive gums and teeth) and she hits it with her paw and then runs after it. since she has hair on her paws she will always slide crazily when she tries to stop. its so funny. when it gets under the refrigerator she uses her paw to try to reach it and paw it out. i read somewhere that thats what they do. its really cute to watch though.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
We love those balls (above) if you throw them just right you can bounce them off the dog's nose and it comes right back to you..can throw in the house without any worry about breakage too! Vic loves ball, especially textured ones. I just asked the boys if they would lift all the furniture and let him retrieve toys cause he is down to one.
Vic loves his squeeky chameleon too..it is in his pic in my gallery, he takes it to bed with him and likes it when the lizard "sneaks" up on him so he can "point" it.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Kharma's favorite toys are anything Shiva has. Her favorite game is "Hide Shiva's Toys." She's very, very good at it, and she makes up the rules as she goes along. Her second favorite game is "Carry Off Renee's Things - Especially Bras." :rolleyes:

Renee, I think Max and Kharma must be related. Max takes my bras also. I was laughing but upset at the same time because he chewed up one that I just bought.

Max & CJ love their Orbee bones. Max also loves the football.

Barb, the really funny thing about Kharma and my bras is that she stole socks until she went through her first estrus - after that she started stealing bras and leaving socks alone! I guess she decided she was grown up enough for a bra, lol!

My dogs' official favorite toy is my grouchy old cat, Tybalt. There must be something about him that just makes him a joy to tease; there's a lot of turnover in the dog population around here, but they're always united in their desire to bug Tybalt!

bonster

Disappointed :(
Well Bonnie's favourite remains an old stick - any old stick - which she seems to think are 'alive' !!! She seems to get bored with most other toys - however she will try and play with a ball for a short while (see the clip in my signature which I've changed for this week I was so pleased!) -- its a cheapo old inflatible blue ball which she's punctured but which will go back to its shape. Its funny to watch her think shes destroyed it then look really confused as it slowly regains its shape!

Barb04

Super Moderator
Love watching Bonnie play soccer. Max loves to play also. Too bad you're so far away, we could start a team!

How did you post a video as your sig?

bonster

Thanks Barb! Yes - she's quite a mover! She hasn't wanted to play with toys really since I got her - but she loves to chase that ball as you can see! I'm so lucky - there is a disused field right near where we live with a sandy surface - perfect for letting the hound do her turbo-charged running!

To post the video as the signature -- that was a bit compicated! It's actually an animated GIF file. You might be able to make one from your camera/video software (obviously much lower quality than a "real" video file).

To do mine I imported the movie file into Macromedia Flash (which I have from "techie" days), where you can reduce the file size and then save the movie as an animated GIF file - then just reference it like you would a normal picture from a free-photo hosting site. You need to make it a small file or it will take ages to appear. Hope that made sense!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
The clip or movie, whatever you call it is AWESOME! That dog is really moving! I can't see for sure, but is you pup picking up the ball? Kind of looks like it! When is the local team going to sign her up?

I'd LOVE to see Bonnie and Bimmer running together! Watching that clip, she's the only thing I've ever seen that moves as fast and cuts quite as quickly as he does. Does she like to jump up on top of things?

bonster

me in bed - if I oversleep :D :D
-- but when exploring she'll jump up onto higher ground -- behind that pitch there are some rocky hills and she'll jump up 6ft+ near vertical slopes to higher plains - to see what's there I guess...

Bimmer loves to jump up and have a high vantage point like that. The photo of him on the hay bales in the gallery is three bales high - about 20 feet, and he runs along the top of the bales and will soar from one stack to another, sometimes ten feet or so. He's even been known to jump up on the roof joists in the barn from the top of a stack of bales and run along the beams . . . [shudder] gives me the willies! He and Bonnie would have a huge time leaving everyone else behind, lol!

labtastic

Favorite Toys

Kati's favorite toy will always be her tennis balls, she is never without one. Kelley loves her kong (it actually has lasted over a year!) Casey loves to bring out the toilet paper also and Rex (see below) loves his little red fire hydrant.

Staff online

Members online