Art unleashed in progress step 2

Barb04

Super Moderator
Oh Smkie, I'm so excited for you. I hope the teapot & cups bring in a big donation for them.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
One tea cup example down

While I was awake fussing over the Fido, i tried to think how to better do the cup, with maybe the vine being the base. I looked at a glass one that holds one cup and tried to make mine the 20 percent bigger it needs to be for shrinkage. It would be finished with iron oxide, glaze on the collar, and g white for the glaze on the rim and inside to match the teapot. I wish I had some gold leaf, I would use it for the tag, but I don't.

I found my antique glass tea tray. It has a wood frame, glass tray, and little brass handles. I called MOm and asked if I could use one of the antique handkerchief to set the teapot and cups on. She said their mine, of course, she has been saving them for me over the years. I adore old fashioned ones, both print and plain. So I will use one of those, now i only have to make the sugar bowl. In one day. And maybe one more cup, if not, it's not that bad, it's an example and it will only be leather hard by the auction, but enough to get the idea.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Working on the sugar bowl..half a day left. Lol because Cinders is now up to 75. I never expected that. Wonder what they would think of Scared Kitty.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier

Thank you Barb : ) Tonight is the night. Stil trying to get this sugar bowl finished..running out of time.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier

I used this cat with his clipped ear in tribute to a cat that has been adopted out. I was told the staff was very fond of him, and I found his pic on their website. Not a lot of detail you can put in something that little. AT least in this medium. Even using slip thin I lost the detail on the face.

THis is to be used just as an example. THe person who wins the bid will tell m what they want for their animals.

Wish I had a fancy schmancy spoon. ah well.

Last edited:

Members online