It was only a match,

MicksMom

but Caleb did me proud. 1st place with a score of 96 in Rally Excellent B at Lehigh Valley KC's Canine Learning Experience this morning. There were only 2 in our class, both Labs. The judge told us after the class that last night there was some kind of hunting demo in the ring- with live birds. AND, right where both dogs put their noses down, there and been some bales of hay that dogs had peed on. She said if it weren't for that, both dogs would have had perfect scores. After seeing the video, I'm not so sure about that, but I am thrilled that Caleb was able to get back in the game after a quick sniff. No telling what he would have done if there had been a Nosework demo instead! LOL

Doberluv

Big Congratulations!!!

What a great score! Caleb looks like such a nice dog. I bet he tries hard to do the right thing....like a Lab. It must have been fun. Too bad about the pee spot but ya know...it's good practice for him because stuff like that would happen in real situations and the trials are to see how he handles these things. And if he practices and gets better at ignoring those things, he'll do better if that comes along again. Anyhow, you guys did splendidly. :)

MicksMom

Big Congratulations!!!

What a great score! Caleb looks like such a nice dog. I bet he tries hard to do the right thing....like a Lab...
Thank-you. Caleb really enjoys doing stuff, and does try to do the right thing. Sometimes too hard. :lol-sign: Which results in him losing his focus.

...Too bad about the pee spot but ya know...it's good practice for him because stuff like that would happen in real situations and the trials are to see how he handles these things. And if he practices and gets better at ignoring those things, he'll do better if that comes along again. Anyhow, you guys did splendidly. :)
So true. I've been thinking on his reaction often this week. It was much better than I expected. When he's out in the yard or even on a walk, he is so focused on what he's smelling that he forgets where he is. But we've done Nosework classes in known pee spots at the training center, and I think that helped him to get his mind back on the job at hand. We definitely have to work on better attention, but that's nothing new. I just need to get my behind in gear and practice it more.

Members online