Go to outing gear

That's the problem, it is SUPER hard to avoid long grass...especially the real natural parks [which have the neatest trails], that don't do much more than mow a strip of grass [if that, many are just worn down by foot]. I've taken Ro out on the one that is well kept [wide gravel path laid and mowed on both sides], and he still picks up 3-5. I spend weeks with 'phantom tick' syndrome, where I constantly feel one on me.

I have read about some of those natural remedies to help repel them, just hard to know which ones 'really' work...I'll check out that rose geranium oil. I think it would be ideal to try something like frontline and hopefully something to repel them to decrease the risk.

I hate ticks with a passion and I just know with Rips coat type, I'm going to have issues. :(

pinkspore

Bat Ears Only
Oh god I just found a big fat tick on Brisbane's ear, hiding right at the base. It's obviously from last week since it was there long enough to leave a big pussy crater when I pulled it off.

The Comfortis! It does nothing!

Last edited:

JacksonsMom

Oh god I just found a big fat tick on Brisbane's ear, hiding right at the base. It's obviously from last week since it was there long enough to leave a big pussy crater when I pulled it off.

The Comfortis! It does nothing!
Yeah Comfortis is not for ticks.

JacksonsMom

That's the problem, it is SUPER hard to avoid long grass...especially the real natural parks [which have the neatest trails], that don't do much more than mow a strip of grass [if that, many are just worn down by foot]. I've taken Ro out on the one that is well kept [wide gravel path laid and mowed on both sides], and he still picks up 3-5. I spend weeks with 'phantom tick' syndrome, where I constantly feel one on me.
Omg I totally had that. I was itchy for a week. Especially when I was still finding ticks on Jackson days later.

Yup. Comfortis only does fleas.

If you want an oral prevention that does both, switch to Nexgard! I love it. Flea *and* tick prevention in a tasty chew, no nasty topicals.
Nexgard is awesome. Only reason I switched is because I can't stand the smelly topicals, but it definitely works. I actually just gave Fable hers 10 minutes ago.

Members online

No members online now.