Always stuff to buy..

Payge

Isn't it funny that Luna and Kaya came with four dog beds, and an entire backpack full of stuff not to mention two bags of good quality food, food and water bowls, numerous collars and leashes....and still I can find things that I *need* to buy. Need as in "Well wouldn't it be sooo cute?!" LOL. Patrick and I spent the entire day shopping, we got them both gentle leaders since they spaz out in stores and decide everyone must be greeted personally whether we want them to or not, and then we bought them matching jackets (pink for Luna, purple for Kaya), booties to match said jackets, a giant rope tug toy, faux suede/fur blankets, and coconut scented perfume.

I ordered online a pajama pattern since apparently NOONE sells them for our size dogs, i'll even have to alter the pattern and its for XL dogs! I still haven't found the perfect collars yet. Its beginning to remind me of bra shopping where only the small sizes are really cute and trendy and pretty.

MyDogsLoveMe

My pets love me they do
Payge do you mind me asking how you came upon those 2 horses :) I read the thread with the pics, but dont remember reading how you came upon them. They are definately beautiful animals.

Payge

I was checking out craigslist for a city that is two hours away from me (my search for a Great Dane had expanded a lot since it had been almost 3 months of searching by that point) and saw a post entitled Two Great Dane Girls. Inside the post was a description of a mans very sad story. He had to move to Hawaii where the quarentine for animals is insanely long and needed someone to foster the girls for at least 3 months while he tried to get them the 5 day quarentine. He refuses to let them be kenneled for more than a week. I contacted him thinking that at least I could "test drive" Danes hehe. Turns out theres a very slim chance he can get the 5 day quarentine, and if he doesn't, the girls are mine.

We talked for a bit, and I told him I needed to talk to my Fiance about it because while he was fine with one dog, two was quite another matter. I told him i'd call him back in half an hour. I turned around and Patrick was right there and he said "So tell me about these two" I did, and he said "Tell him we will drive up tomorrow". Honestly this had my jaw dropping, I really didn't believe Patrick would agree, but turned out he was more eager for two than I was!

I called the man back, not five minutes after i'd hung up with him, and told him we were all systems go. He asked if instead of us driving up there he could drive down and see where the girls would be living. I said sure, since it would save us the drive. Then spent the rest of the night franticly cleaning LOL. Never had a frantic "Quick! Put away the powersaw!" cleaning before but then, i've never renovated a whole house before.

The next day he called and asked if we were still willing to have the girls and we said yes, he said he was leaving his city just then. When he got here it was a bit wierd. He drove up, Luna was looking out the window. I didn't see Kaya, but then he opened the door to the car and they both came bounding out. Two of the most beautiful creatures i've ever seen.

Then he and his girlfriend checked the place out, he started hauling things in from the car (I assumed at that point we were approved) and when he was done, he asked for a minute alone with them. I handed him some tissues and left the room. About thirty seconds later he called to me and said he couldn't stay any longer or he wouldn't be able to do it. Then they left.

And as a result of all that, i'm now fostering two gorgeous, wonderful, Great Danes. Whats funny is Patrick prefers Kaya, and I prefer Luna, and I swear they know it because in the car Kaya goes and lays her head on Pats shoulder and Luna does so on mine. Never fails.

edited for speeling

Sirius

Imagination ROCKS.
:eek: I am a shopaholic. I love spending money. My mom got me a REAL hermes studded collar with diamonds for blue. :eek: I think I'll use it on Dakota-Lakin when he's old enough.

Members online

No members online now.