Native American Indian Dog??

That is what I read and why I brought up Majestic View. I was reading about conflicts between them and the guy who actually claims to have started it. But he also claims that his dogs were preserved from a single dog that was still existing when teh actual NAIDs did I think. I don't know it was weird. I forget the guy's name. Maybe the link I am thinking of came from this site, where someone posted it. I can't rememeber. I dont know why I wouldn't have bookmarked that page but apparently I didn't.

One thing that really bothers me to is the statement I keep reading from Majestic Kennels, "The Native American Indian Dog have no known genetic faults or defects." How can this be? Aren't all breeds known for some, even small thing, that they can be capable of getting? That makes no sense. And they keep saying that NAIDs were ALMOST extinct. But I still think that whether they were or weren't extinct, they likelihood of one still being around now that this place can claim to have had to start their breeding is highly unlikely.

I read that the the woman who runs Majestic used to breed wolf/dog hybrids. When it was legislated in her state that this was illegal, her dogs suddenly disappeared. Some believe that she just changed the name of her "dogs" into the NAID and therefore there is wolf blood in the lines. This is just something I was reading about, so I am just going off of that.

Kim LaFlamme is the guy I am thinking of. He I think is involved with American Indian Dogs, not NATIVE American Indian Dogs, which are apparently two different things.

Basically, other then being beautiful wolflike dogs I think they are nothing more then glorified wolf hybrids.

Una does show some interesting behaviors like pacing, never barking (not once in 8 months), and even the way he walks and runs is odd. My vet also did a double take when he first saw Una.

I have to admit, I like the look of the dog. I have spoken to 4wheelvfr about the dog before. The only thing I dont like is the name. I am native american. I just dont like someone that profits off animals. It is such a contrary to the native american belief. So breeding dogs for profit would be a disrespect to an animal. It is part of native american religion to be one with animals. They are looked at as sacred beings.

LOL, you guys are making me feel bad now. Seriously though, I can't speak for the breeders or the rest of the breed, but Una is a wonderful pet, and we couldn't ask for anything more.

W

whatszmatter

4WheelVFR said:
LOL, you guys are making me feel bad now. Seriously though, I can't speak for the breeders or the rest of the breed, but Una is a wonderful pet, and we couldn't ask for anything more.
I'm sure she is, just like great pets are found everywhere. The reason for my hoax comment before is that, they aren't the "breed" the few people that breed them claim to be. They aren't from some lengendary dog pack that roamed the plains and wildernesses of North America alongside Sitting Bull and Crazy Horse, that have seemingly every outstanding quality that a dog could possibly have. At least that's the way they make them sound. In reality, they took some recent breeds put them together, got a wolf like appearance, and made up a story about it. In reality as good as wolves are at surviving and as cunning and intelligent as they are, they'd make horrible pets and have no qualities that make them good at living with humans so why infuse wolf blood into a domesticated line?? you aren't going to get a better dog??

Don't worry though, i'm sure you have a great dog

Melanie1

I was reading about them on a website and fell in love with them. But the question is, are they real? If they are what they say they are then I would love to have one! but if their just some sick hoax to get money, I'm disgousted! but are they a real breed? or are they a hoax like labradoodles and 'breeds' like that?

Breeders are doing a disgusting business. Believe me. You have no idea the torture the poor dogs are suffering.

Members online

No members online now.