Escape-proof gear for weasely weaseldogs

Kati

Actually the IDC harness is made to allow the dog to back out of it in an emergency situation. Julius K9 even says so on their product page:
Yes, the dog can escape in certain emergancy situations if it is not secured with the Y belt. That's the reason why the Julius K9 has special accesories, like the Y belt, or I belt. The harness has to be fitted properly for the most efficiency. The company suggests you to buy this if your dog gets scared easily or stressed.
This topic could also go towards the behavior/training topic.

pinkspore

Bat Ears Only
It is our job to comfort our dogs at the vets office, and yes, it takes time and training.
Here is an article on what I mean:
https://www.aspca.org/pet-care/virtual-pet-behaviorist/dog-behavior/fear-veterinary-clinic
Agreed. Remember when I said this wasn't my own dog? I only have her a few weeks out of the year.

In a perfect world every dog would be trained to stay in their gear no matter what happened. Wouldn't it be awesome if every dog was so bombproof they could handle sudden surprises like firecrackers, attacking dogs and wildlife, and car accidents happening mere feet from them on the sidewalk?

Sadly, I don't live in that world. Instead I live in a world where some of the dogs I work with will be put to sleep if they ever get loose and attack anything ever again. I live in a world where I pull dogs from shelters and then walk them through an international airport a week later so I can put them on a plane.

At the end of the day I need equipment I can trust to contain even a highly uncooperative dog, because I don't have the opportunity to train every dog in a safe environment first.

Members online

No members online now.