Seminars - what would you want to attend

milos_mommy

I'll be teaching a few seminars at my new job, either 1/2 hour or 1 hour seminars or workshops. So far they do basic behavior issues:

Housebreaking
Loose Leash Walking
Separation Anxiety
Adoption - bonding and training

I'm not sure exactly what else, but I think that's it. Maybe recall?

I'd like to add some new ones, and I'm wondering what would be the most popular. I'd like to mostly gear them towards new owners or average pet owners, but I'm not opposed to doing them for more advanced skills. Id like to also do:

Leash reactivity
How to socialize your puppy
Preparing your dog for a new baby

Any other ideas?

Door bolting/greeting guests calmly

A tricks workshop could be fun!

Mat training/crate training

Maxy24

Great ideas so far! Maybe one on teaching self control skills (its your choice or even just a solid leave it, doggie zen, sit or down stays with distraction, NILIF type stuff, that sort of thing).

I think a basic "House Manners" class would be great. You know, cover door manners, leave it, drop it, no stealing food, etc.

lancerandrara

Sports Lunatic
Perfect ideas. ;; I definitely think leash reactivity and the different types/causes of reactivity in general would be great. It seems like what most average pet owners struggle with, and most of them just end up hiding their dogs in their home due to fears of going outside for whatever related reason?

and +1 greeting guests calmly.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
We actually have a whole 4 week class dedicated to Door Greeting/No Jumping :p

I love the idea of a housetraining or crate training one, esp if you can get perspective puppy owners in before they bring puppy home!

Members online