Sometimes, it Gets Very Quiet....

And you know you're in trouble. We have a sweet little houseguest boarding with us this weekend, and she and Glitch have been snuggling and playing all day. They finally crashed together in the dog bed.

I look down, and see only Bella, no Glitch. I call him, nothing. It's only a 400sq foot apartment, so he can't have gone far. But he's gone. Not in the front room, not in the main room, not in the bathroom or kitchen. There is literally nowhere else for him to be. Not under anything, not in anything, not behind anything. Missing puppy.

I was panicking, when I heard a tiny noise in the kitchen. A noise like a little mouse chewing something. I went back and called Glitch and....

Hi Mom!

Somehow my 12 week old puppy (dear God, I've had him over a month) managed to get on the counter, without knocking over any of the books sitting there, climb behind the toaster oven, and do God knows what back there. Judging by the ear, he was napping. On my kitchen counter. Among the oatmeal.

Something tells me that I'm going to have a champion of some sort on my hands. He is bold, smart, and incredibly driven. Not to mention has some pretty good climbing skills with the light touch of a cat burgler. There has to be a sport that combines those, right?

Glitch may be the devil.

Slick

Kristina
When it gets too quiet at my house, 99% of the time, it's because I accidentally forgot about the dog outside.

"Hmmm, Leo isn't following me from room to room. That's weird. Where is he? Is he up to something?.....Oh...I let him out to potty an hour ago and haven't let him back in...whoops"

Cue super sad puppy eyes patiently waiting by the door.

Members online

No members online now.