Well that hurt!

Becca_

chowchow
I called the dogs to come on, lets go outside and put fresh water in the pool. Down the step we go. Gracie, not being graceful at all, bumped into me, caught my leg just right and off the step I went landing on the my side on rocks Ashlyn had arranged so nicely before she left and in the mud! But it was sweet because they both came running back to make sure I was ok, Princess running back to me as fast as she could. I got up and sat on the step assuring Princess I was ok. She headed back for the back yard then stopped to look back at me. Double checking I guess. It's sweet to see how concerned they'd be if it really would have been serious. Now I'm sore, going to have a few bruises on me but didnt get hurt. Thank God for privacy fences, no one had to see it!

Too bad someone didn't have a camcorder. You might be 25 thousand dollars richer for that shot! Hopefully only your pride was hurt. Sweet doggies to check back on you. Oh BTW, can any of them dial 911?

SandraC

Glad you are OK.
I had an accident a few months back. Morgan was lying on his back and I was tickling his tummy. He threw his head back and hit it on the fire hearth. He brought it up quick and caught my nose and forehead. I had 2 beautiful black eyes for at least a week. Everyone at work thought my husband had hit me, until I explained what had happened.

M

Manchesters

You have not lived until you have been "Dobermanned"!!!!! There are several methods for this. The most frequently is when the dog comes charging straight at you. You are sure it will veer to the side, but instead it plows right into your kneecap, trying to bend it backwards.

The second most common method is for the dog to start twirling around, and body slam you with its butt right in the knee.

The third method is for the dog, who is standing stock still to suddenly whirl around, and slam you in the knee with its shoulder.

Be thankful you have a smaller dog!!!!!!

Becca_

chowchow
lol manchesters the football player wannabe is bad enough! I've seen her run past one other person not paying attention and knocked them off their feet onto their butt, this was my first time of being tackled.
Then to add to our excitement today, I took her for her evening walk only this time I didnt use her collar, I used Princess' collar. I didnt adjust it tighter because I thought it was tight enough. Well we walked past the house that the dog had came after her, and she was looking around to see if that dog was going to come get her again, then my brother-in-law pulls up being stupid with his very loud truck and it scared her. She got free and away she went! I was so lucky because she went home. She'd stop to make sure I was coming then kept right on going until she got back in the yard. So I adjusted everything and went for that walk.

M

Manchesters

Hopefully

Becca_ said:
lol manchesters the football player wannabe is bad enough! I've seen her run past one other person not paying attention and knocked them off their feet onto their butt, this was my first time of being tackled.
Then to add to our excitement today, I took her for her evening walk only this time I didnt use her collar, I used Princess' collar. I didnt adjust it tighter because I thought it was tight enough. Well we walked past the house that the dog had came after her, and she was looking around to see if that dog was going to come get her again, then my brother-in-law pulls up being stupid with his very loud truck and it scared her. She got free and away she went! I was so lucky because she went home. She'd stop to make sure I was coming then kept right on going until she got back in the yard. So I adjusted everything and went for that walk.
You have gotten all your crappy luck out of the way for a few weeks, rofl. I would suggest always having a choke collar on a dog when taking it out on the street. For hairy beasts they have the collars with the big links....fur saver collars. Even if you use another type of collar, it is good to have a chain collar on as backup. Just my own personal form of paranoia.

Saje

Island dweller
Maverick just about took me down when I was walking them down an icy road. I only managed to stay up by doing a weird jelly legged swagger for several steps. lol He hit me full force from behind. He must have thought it was funny because there was a whole road and fields on either side :confused: And Wham right at the knees. Big gawky pup. lol And in the meantime Mikey was running and sliding on the ice all splay legged. It's so cute when they do it.

bridey_01

Kelpiefied
For dogs that wiggle out of collars we use the matringale collar, which is a half check chain. As for being knocked over, geez it must happen to me about three times a week! I see so many clients for jumping problems, and they always seem to have huge dobermans/great danes on steroids. I've learnt to bend my knees a little even when I can't see the dog in case it decides to do a sneaky tackle. lol, it's a rough job!

bubbatd

My Bubba used to love to start what we called his " run,run, run " in the woods... One time we we had 6 Goldens there ( family visiting ) and they were hiding behind trees then taking off having a ball... I got clipped by 2 dogs... front on knee then in the butt and I went flying !!! After that, I learned to crunch down when they ran by. It was so much fun though...when all were together and we said " run,run,run" they'd be off!

SandraC

bridey_01 said:
For dogs that wiggle out of collars we use the matringale collar, which is a half check chain. As for being knocked over, geez it must happen to me about three times a week! I see so many clients for jumping problems, and they always seem to have huge dobermans/great danes on steroids. I've learnt to bend my knees a little even when I can't see the dog in case it decides to do a sneaky tackle. lol, it's a rough job!

I have never heard them called a matringale collar, do you know why they are called this ?
SandraC

Members online

No members online now.