Doggy day care

candy722

My friend is thinking about taking her dog to a doggie day care thinking that they will train her dog to potty in the right places. In my opinion, I don't think doggy day care do that and even if they do I don't know if your dog will apply that in your house. What you guys think? Im trying to convenience her not to waste her money.

I don't think doggy daycares do that. There's one around here, and they just have a large space so the dogs can play together.

Prangus

Chief goes to doggy daycare once a week, just for the socialization. I don't know if your friend's dog is a puppy, but this one doesn't accept dogs under six months old, because they can't have the right shots yet.

As for house breaking, my daycare walks all the dogs every two hours. They wouldn't have time to train a dog that hasn't been taught to go outdoors. There are a couple of dogs there that aren't housetrained and they just go whenever and it gets cleaned up.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i painted an advertisement on the windows of a local doggy daycare..took two days (big windows) so i had a chance to watch what went on inside..potty training was not what happened there, a safe place where your dog's barking wont get you evicted..and your dog had someone to play with was. They mopped up regularly and the odor was pervasive.

Kesh

I take Kesh to daycare a couple times a week, just for fun. It is the same place where We go for training. They had a special puppy room and the only way it helped was I took him there when ever I was going to be out or working longer (I work out of the house usually which is nice) than he could hold it which eliminated the need to put paper down so he could eliminate in the house. With this and watching him like a hawk, he was trained rather quickly, which is so nice.

candy722

My friend's dog is 11 months old. He was trained on pads then they let him out to potty. Then it turns out that he didn't use the pad no more and then he will just pee anywhere when he feels like it. I can totally see why, they don't let their dog out on time. I keep telling them that they need to be consistant and timing. Especially their dog is never been crated and it's all over the house so I think that makes it harder. TOki uses the pad if I don't let him outside but Im very good with timing so he usually holds it until I come home and let him out. I saw the scheadule for dog day care and they pratically just let them out of their crate every 2 hours to let them play. So I think she shouldn't waste her money there unless she wants him to be more social which he sure does need it. This dog is soooo afraid of everything. Literally I can walk him off leash right now if I want to cause all I have to do is yell the word STOP and he will stop. His not abused , he was just born like that.

Members online

No members online now.