people who bike with their dogs

Shakou

Thanks guys, we will be taking it really slow until her and I both get the hang of it. I showed Tyler the Walks Dog contraption, because he could make something like that, but he says no way will I be riding with something like that. I think he thinks it will give me less control of the dog. Say if Teagan decided to run for a rodent or something like that, who knows. Its a mans logic lol
I actually use the Walkie Dog for Ma'ii, and have found it gives me MORE control over him when biking then a regular leash. He's got some leash reactivity and will pull and jump at other dogs when we pass by. The limited slack and bar gives him very limited momentum and he has no choice but to move with the bike in those situations rather then dragging me off like he'd be able to with a leash.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
So guys we went on our first bike ride. Tyler took Teagan since I am just starting to bike and Tyler has a lot more control.

Any ways, it went really well. Teagan learned really fast to stay on one side. She did have a come to Jesus moment where she saw some robins she needed to chase and she got thumped with the tire of the bike, she did not hurt herself and Tyler was going slow, but I think it scared her a little and she was really good at ignoring the birds after that. And giving the bike some respect. And if we saw something tempting up ahead we would give her the warning "leave it" and she did.

It was a lot of fun, and Teagan really enjoyed it so I am sure we will be going again tonight.

I'm not a big fan of harnesses unless the dog is going to be allowed to pull is all. Just a preference. My dogs run along nicely, leash or no leash it really wouldn't make a difference. But in the event I can see something ahead that could be a potential problem, a collar provides a lot better control if I should need it. with a harness they could be in front of my bike and across to the other side before the leash would even get tight because the attachement is halfway down the dogs body.

Members online

No members online now.